Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

g jones 19-03-2010 15:19

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 798502)
Read your post, couldn't argue with what you said though I find it hard to understand Council Housing being classed as 'charity', I always thought they came into being to cover the basic needs and rights for all to be housed in decent accommodation at a reasonable rent this I wouldn't class as charity.

It is a shame however as you rightly say that people abuse both the properties and the welfare system that ensures these things are available.

:o

I used charity as a word those opposed to Council Housing would describe it when trying to understand why Labour has supports the policy.

As a Labourite I believe it is an important aspect of living and we should aspire to provide decent 'regulated and not for profit' housing to all who want it and respect it.

jaysay 19-03-2010 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 798565)
I used charity as a word those opposed to Council Housing would describe it when trying to understand why Labour has supports the policy.

As a Labourite I believe it is an important aspect of living and we should aspire to provide decent 'regulated and not for profit' housing to all who want it and respect it.

To all who want it and respect it, well lots want it Graham, but do they all respect it, I think not. As some one who does live in a council house (or was a council house) I treat it as if it was my own as I'm the one who lives there, but there are those who say its not mine and I don't give a stuff

Wynonie Harris 19-03-2010 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 798424)
As an example: In the end, feeling sorry for people who go on to wreck Council Houses gave Council Houses such a bad name none have been built in recent times and ORDINARY people who would appreciate a Council House have subsequently been denied.

Allelujah, Jaysay! You and Graham actually agree on something!

shillelagh 19-03-2010 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 798557)
Don't give up your day job Tealeaf, John Betchman will be turning in his grave, no spinning:D

shouldnt that read Sir John Betjeman jaysay? :D

garinda 19-03-2010 15:49

'I hold dear the right of freedom of speech, freedom of expression...'
Karen Buckley

That's good to hear, beacuse that's all that is happening in this thread.

g jones 19-03-2010 16:02

I agree with Jaysay. It should only be available to those that respect it.

cashman 19-03-2010 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 798579)
'I hold dear the right of freedom of speech, freedom of expression...'
Karen Buckley

That's good to hear, beacuse that's all that is happening in this thread.

"Last but not least is my own personal priority,to be open to scrutiny" Karen says on that link, Seems not on "Accyweb" though.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

DaveinGermany 19-03-2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 798580)
I agree with Jaysay. It should only be available to those that respect it.

And those people would be who exactly ? considering if you start to turn people away guess what the first call will be ? yep...... "I've got rights you know !" so how can you balance that one ? what criteria will you work off ?

Wynonie Harris 19-03-2010 16:12

You know something? I almost feel like I know Kaz (as I like to call her) already. When she eventually drops into the Oak Lea for a prematch drink (as I'm sure she will now she's a local), I can just picture the scene...Cashy, me, the lads, Graham, Kaz, the beer flowing, a real spirit of bonhomie and lively political discussion in the air and when she hears Cashy's jokes...I can't wait to see her reaction! :D

garinda 19-03-2010 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 798586)
You know something? I almost feel like I know Kaz (as I like to call her) already. When she eventually drops into the Oak Lea for a prematch drink (as I'm sure she will now she's a local), I can just picture the scene...Cashy, me, the lads, Graham, Kaz, the beer flowing, a real spirit of bonhomie and lively political discussion in the air and when she hears Cashy's jokes...I can't wait to see her reaction! :D

They say all publicity is good publicity.

At least that's what Jaysay used to think, because he used to refuse to post the name of any opposition candidate.

We've all tried to give this outsider to the area, a more human face, in this thread.

Her first post well probably be one of thanks.

garinda 19-03-2010 16:23

They say a week's a long time in politics.

A week ago we didn' even have a Conservative candidate, now we're seeing lots of media coverage about Ms. Buckley. The press, local forums, blogs, even on YouTube.

YouTube - Blog The Week Episode 11

Less 19-03-2010 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 798591)
They say a week's a long time in politics.

A week ago we didn' even have a Conservative candidate, now we're seeing lots of media coverage about Ms. Buckley. The press, local forums, blogs, even on YouTube.

YouTube - Blog The Week Episode 11

Wow! That was nearly amusing, well done the team that threw it together, I really liked the link mans impression of andrewB, did you use prosthetics to get the look completely right? or are you just a computer facsimile?

I hope you all take the time to join us here on accyweb, it could add some alternative humour and allow our older jokers some time off.

Thanks for that rindy.
:):D

Eric 19-03-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 798605)
Wow! That was nearly amusing, well done the team that threw it together, I really liked the link mans impression of andrewB, did you use prosthetics to get the look completely right? or are you just a computer facsimile?

I hope you all take the time to join us here on accyweb, it could add some alternative humour and allow our older jokers some time off.

Thanks for that rindy.
:):D

Alternative humor? Wouldn't that belong in Over 18s?:confused:

garinda 20-03-2010 09:00

1 Attachment(s)
'Hi! I'm Karen Buckley, The Turtlesinger, and here for you to enjoy reading are the song lyrics to my first CD.'

Personal Page of KAREN BUCKLEY: SONG LYRICS!

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

jaysay 20-03-2010 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 798573)
Allelujah, Jaysay! You and Graham actually agree on something!

Well Wyn I would be very surprised if Graham and myself didn't agree on something like this, all right minded people would feel the same