Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

Wynonie Harris 16-03-2010 12:39

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797620)
Who?

I was just hoping there must be at least one local Tory activist, not angered by the imposed candidate, willing to give her a hand.

:rolleyes:

What 'is name...you know, that bloke who knows his place and always doffs his cap to the noble lords of this fair isle. ;)

garinda 16-03-2010 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 797626)
I just wonder how many M.P.'s were brought up in the area they represent. After all, David Cameron himself had no connection with Witney (even though has a small cottage there now). Our own Arthur Davidson wasn't, and had tried for Blackpool South and Preston North before he was finally elected for Accrington (before Hyndburn).

We've discussed this before, and found there are very few, especially party leaders, from Churchill and Thatcher, to Brown.

Hyndburn has been 'locally' represented since Ken won in 1983, and there does seem to be some weight to the argument that people have a preference for someone knowing the local area well.

Hyndburn Conservative Association certainly think so.

garinda 16-03-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 797627)
What 'is name...you know, that bloke who knows his place and always doffs his cap to the noble lords of this fair isle. ;)

Uriah Heep?

He was a very humble toady.

Is he a member here?

Wynonie Harris 16-03-2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797631)
Uriah Heep?

Is he a member here?

Stop it off! We don't want him disappearing again. As Jaysay said, he's a sensitive lad! ;)

katex 16-03-2010 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797630)
We've discussed this before, and found there are very few, especially party leaders, from Churchill and Thatcher, to Brown.

I know Garinda, but would still like to see the figures ... if you can google it, may be helpful ... I have tried but can't get them.

Hyndburn has been 'locally' represented since Ken won in 1983, and there does seem to be some weight to the argument that people have a preference for someone knowing the local area well.

Davidson was only defeated by 21 votes though.

Hyndburn Conservative Association certainly think so.

LOL.. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797631)
Uriah Heep?

Is he a member here?

Loved this analysis of this character's humbleness I came across the other day:

'Uriah Heep, a character from David Copperfield. I suggest you do further research on this individual. His name is now used as a descriptive term for a person who is obsequiously humble but really he is actually hypercritical: in that he nurses greed, rage and/or a sense of entitlement beneath this facade'

garinda 16-03-2010 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 797633)
Stop it off! We don't want him disappearing again. As Jaysay said, he's a sensitive lad! ;)

Who?

Sulky Simon?

Flouncy Fred?

HisMastersVoiceHBC?

I'm struggling. Unless we're on different people.

garinda 16-03-2010 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 797626)
I just wonder how many M.P.'s were brought up in the area they represent.

66.6% weren't.

:s_evil:

:D

Wynonie Harris 16-03-2010 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797646)
HisMastersVoiceHBC?

Somehow, I don't think it'll be him! :D

accyman 16-03-2010 14:25

i dont think people object to somone been elected who wasnt born and bred here but do object to a unknown been slung on our doorstep weeks before an election claiming they have our best interests at heart .The conservative party must have scutinised every members family tree looking for a link to accrington thattehy could march in with lol

hang on has she actualy moved here yet lol

jaysay 16-03-2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797590)
Although as you've informed us, the majority of the local Conservative Association have turned their backs on her, and aren't offering any help or funding, surely there must be one or two young Cameronites in Hyndburn, who'll go on the knock with her, and help with any lickin'?

Oh perhaps there isn't two, as you hinted when we discussed the sedan chair?

One?

Come on, we must be able to muster at least one willing sap.

Well given the fact there is a full local election with one third of the seats up for grabs I'm sure Karen will get mention, something like oh by the way can Karen Buckley also rely on your support at the General:D

Less 16-03-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 797666)
Well given the fact there is a full local election with one third of the seats up for grabs I'm sure Karen will get mention, something like oh by the way can Karen Buckley also rely on your support at the General:D

Sorry, Who?

jaysay 16-03-2010 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by less (Post 797669)
sorry, who?

Karen Buckley

Less

:D:D:D:D

garinda 16-03-2010 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 797676)
Karen Buckley

Less

Blimey, she is posh, being double-barrelled.

Though it's probably less common in genteel Lytham St. Annes.

accyman 16-03-2010 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 797676)
Karen Buckley

Less

even if true i think her sexual preference is irrelivant :confused:

Tealeaf 16-03-2010 19:01

I wonder when Ms Buckley will make her first posting on here? Or will she ever? But if she does, will she stick some posts on between now and the 6th May and then - like the rest of 'em, irrespective of party - disappear for ever?

Come on, Jaysay - it's your job to kick Ms Buckey's arse and get her on here. Let's see what she has to say for herself.