Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Sick note (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/sick-note-52626.html)

jaysay 06-04-2010 09:50

Sick note

as from today doctors will no longer be giving out sick notes, instead they will be issuing guidelines on what type of work a person CAN do. To me when a person goes to the Doctor they go because they have a medical problem, its already hard enough for people to get an appointment to see their GP, they should not be assessing what jobs people are able to do, that should be down to other people, their sole concern should be for the health o the patient and nothing else:mad:

Less 06-04-2010 09:57

Re: Sick note

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803945)
as from today doctors will no longer be giving out sick notes, instead they will be issuing guidelines on what type of work a person CAN do. To me when a person goes to the Doctor they go because they have a medical problem, its already hard enough for people to get an appointment to see their GP, they should not be assessing what jobs people are able to do, that should be down to other people, their sole concern should be for the health o the patient and nothing else:mad:

Good morning Mr. Jaysay, I'm afraid today you are not fit to undertake your normal occupation, not to fear though, I have arranged that you will spend a few hours a day instead as the straight man for somebody called.. let me see, I have it on a piece of paper here somewhere, rustle, rustle.

No Jay that's not the name, those were sound effects of paper being sorted, (back to the Doctor), Ah yes, here it is you will be the straight man for a guy called, Less.

:)

jaysay 06-04-2010 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803952)
Good morning Mr. Jaysay, I'm afraid today you are not fit to undertake your normal occupation, not to fear though, I have arranged that you will spend a few hours a day instead as the straight man for somebody called.. let me see, I have it on a piece of paper here somewhere, rustle, rustle.

No Jay that's not the name, those were sound effects of paper being sorted, (back to the Doctor), Ah yes, here it is you will be the straight man for a guy called, Less.

:)

That would be impossible, a straight man is supposed to have a deadpan face, I'd be forever P*****g myself:D

Less 06-04-2010 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803967)
That would be impossible, a straight man is supposed to have a deadpan face,

I don't care what anyone else tells you I think you have got a bedpan face.:)

(No typo' whatsoever was harmed in making this post!)

Benipete 06-04-2010 12:54

Is Jay going to model bed pans?he could include Toby Jugs as well:D:D

Ken Moss 06-04-2010 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 804028)

Garinda has already found a suitable applicant for Toby Jugs.

Go on Gary, it's worthy of another outing......

jaysay 06-04-2010 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 804028)

Don't you start as well:D

turkishdelight 06-04-2010 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803945)

This is ridiculous and i cant imagine it working.The government brought in this new system.What next?

cashman 06-04-2010 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 804209)
This is ridiculous and i cant imagine it working.The government brought in this new system.What next?

nothing next have ya not heard - Parliment Dissolved today.:D i agree it is ridiculous, but then surely yer mate will scrap it, if he wins the lottery on the 6th of May?:D:rolleyes:

turkishdelight 06-04-2010 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 804212)
nothing next have ya not heard - Parliment Dissolved today.:D i agree it is ridiculous, but then surely yer mate will scrap it, if he wins the lottery on the 6th of May?:D:rolleyes:

Hope so. Next they will be saying if your not on your death bed,get to work.

turkishdelight 06-04-2010 22:38

Im surprised the unions havent stopped this.

cashman 06-04-2010 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 804213)
Hope so. Next they will be saying if your not on your death bed,get to work.

Seems to me like they already are.:rolleyes: also doubt very much if yer mate will repeal it, i can see all of ems *******, why cant you?:confused:

turkishdelight 06-04-2010 22:56

Apparently one of reasons behind the changes is to drive down sickness rates. Apparently their is genuine concern for some workers who are signed off for long periods and evidence suggests it prolongs their illness,it suggests that in this respect these reforms have a positive influence for some workers. It has been thought doctors will not always have the knowledge required to make an informed decision about how much work their patient is able to do as the physical and emotional demands of jobs vary widely between work places. This is my concern.I still say its ridiculous.

turkishdelight 06-04-2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 804219)
Seems to me like they already are.:rolleyes: also doubt very much if yer mate will repeal it, i can see all of ems *******, why cant you?:confused:

I can, but clearly see a need for change.

Mancie 06-04-2010 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 804209)

:D what next.. are you for real?..if you think this is bad then I can tell you it will be alot worse when you lot get in government.
Nearly half a million people could see their sickness benefits cut by £25 a week under Tory plans to reform Britain's welfare system. (as reported by the ultra Tory Sky News)

Get Britain Working: David Cameron Reveals Tory Plans To Cut Number Dependent On Welfare | Politics | Sky News