Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I'm gobsmacked! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/im-gobsmacked-53423.html)

kikine 07-06-2010 20:02

Re: I'm gobsmacked!

What happened to World Cup Willie? and buy british? I took it on board

jaysay 08-06-2010 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikine (Post 820932)

YouTube - World Cup Willy = 1966 World Cup Song.
Don't know about buy British but cop for a bit of 66 nostalgia

Mancie 08-06-2010 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikine (Post 820932)

Oh.. 1966 and all that.. Labour Government "nudge nudge" say no more guv.. buy British eh!

jaysay 08-06-2010 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 821031)
Oh.. 1966 and all that.. Labour Government "nudge nudge" say no more guv.. buy British eh!

Well Winning the World cup was the only decent thing that happened, just 12 short months later good old Harold (the pound in your pocket) devalued it, the only time in British history that has happened Mancie old chap :thefinger:thefinger

Mancie 08-06-2010 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 821052)
Well Winning the World cup was the only decent thing that happened, just 12 short months later good old Harold (the pound in your pocket) devalued it, the only time in British history that has happened Mancie old chap :thefinger:thefinger

Umm I don't think so.. the ERM.. when the pound dropped so far down it cost 15 quid for a bag of crisps.:D

jaysay 08-06-2010 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 821054)
Umm I don't think so.. the ERM.. when the pound dropped so far down it cost 15 quid for a bag of crisps.:D

There's none so blind than those who dont want to see :rolleyes:

garinda 08-06-2010 15:42

I thought World Cup Willy was bitten off by that dog, Pickles, and buried in South Norwood.

:D

jaysay 09-06-2010 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 821129)
I thought World Cup Willy was bitten off by that dog, Pickles, and buried in South Norwood.

:D

Didn't know the Jules Remy trophy had one :D

Balbus 09-06-2010 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by suedarbo (Post 819041)
What the hell is all this about? :confused::confused: Kids being ordered off buses because they wear an England shirt and it offends the foreign driver :confused:
It beggars belief :rolleyes::eek:

Driver orders toddler off bus for wearing 'offensive' England football shirt | Mail Online

See today's Private Eye. This story was originally in the Stoke Sentinel which has now pulled it as being unsubstantiated. First Bus have said that they have fully investigated and can find no evidence to substantiate it. "No driver fitting the description given was working on any of the alleged routes at the relevant time, and although the routes were busy no one else has come forward about the alleged incident. It now appears that no such incident took place."
The Star, Mirror and Mail have all left uncorrected versions on their websites, as have the National Front and Stormfront.
Egg on faces?

MargaretR 09-06-2010 15:52

ALL mainstream media outlets have been given the job of provoking divisions in society.

cashman 09-06-2010 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 819054)
Exactly what i thought more meaningless rubbish from the mail, less crap up whinney hill tip.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balbus (Post 821364)
See today's Private Eye. This story was originally in the Stoke Sentinel which has now pulled it as being unsubstantiated. First Bus have said that they have fully investigated and can find no evidence to substantiate it. "No driver fitting the description given was working on any of the alleged routes at the relevant time, and although the routes were busy no one else has come forward about the alleged incident. It now appears that no such incident took place."
The Star, Mirror and Mail have all left uncorrected versions on their websites, as have the National Front and Stormfront.
Egg on faces?

Cheers mate, i rest my case.:D

garinda 09-06-2010 16:12

“Far from banning England shirts on our buses First is fully supportive of England’s World Cup campaign and we are, in fact, currently fitting good luck banners featuring England flags on all our buses in England.”

Exclusive: Bus Driver In England Shirt Row ‘Unsubstantiated’ | One Million United Official Blog

garinda 09-06-2010 16:19

'Miss Fardon has now withdrawn her complaint.'

Tabloid Watch: Boy definitely not thrown off bus for wearing England shirt

cashman 09-06-2010 18:06

There should now be n investigation into Miss Fardons background i reckon, but thats too obvious to merit action.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 09-06-2010 18:58

So NOW will you lot stop believing everything you read in the scandal rags? :rolleyes: