Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2010, 20:36   #1

I'm gobsmacked!

What the hell is all this about? Kids being ordered off buses because they wear an England shirt and it offends the foreign driver
It beggars belief

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...all-shirt.html

Last edited by suedarbo; 29-05-2010 at 20:36. Reason: forgot the link
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2010, 20:50   #2
God Member

Re: I'm gobsmacked!

sack him and throw him out of the country i bet his family if back in poland or here with him arnt finding teh working tax credits and child tax credits hes getting offensive

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 20:59   #3

It's getting beyond a joke. He is in England, he should expect to see English things........or am I dreaming again?
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 21:35   #4
Senior Member+

It really is about time folk stood up against this idiocy...he should be sacked pure and simple!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2010, 22:09   #5
Super Moderator

So...bus driver acts like a prat, passengers stand up to him in a united show of common sense, driver backs down. He receives NO backing from the bus company, NO backing from the police and NO backing from any form of authority whatsoever.

Another non-story from a chip shop wrapper.
Old 29-05-2010, 22:30   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Exactly what i thought more meaningless rubbish from the mail, less crap up whinney hill tip.
Old 29-05-2010, 23:47   #7
God Member

yep but it still happened and i for one am glad it got printed to show these idiots for what they are , im just glad common sense prevailed because it rarely does

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:20   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yep but it still happened and i for one am glad it got printed to show these idiots for what they are , im just glad common sense prevailed because it rarely does
"These idiots"? No, just one bus driver who behaved like an idiot. If he'd behaved like an idiot in another way - ie, chucked a kid off the bus because they were 1p short for their fare, it would never have made the national press. I wonder why?

And in fact, common sense prevails quite a lot of the time. There's a big Tesco store round the corner from me. Plenty of foreigners working on the check outs, plenty of foreigners shopping there. At the moment, it's festooned with England flags and banners. And they're not just promotional point of sale material from food and drink companies, there's loads of homemade stuff that the staff have made. There's not been one single complaint about it from staff or customers. But you'll never see a story about that in a Tory rag like the Daily Mail.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 30-05-2010 at 08:29.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:41   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"These idiots"? No, just one bus driver who behaved like an idiot. If he'd behaved like an idiot in another way - i, chucked a kid off the bus because they were 1p short for their fare, it would never have made the national press. I wonder why?

And in fact, common sense prevails quite a lot of the time. There's a big Tesco store round the corner from me. Plenty of foreigners working on the check outs, plenty of foreigners shopping there. At the moment, it's festooned with England flags and banners. And they're not just promotional point of sale material from food and drink companies, there's loads of homemade stuff that the staff have made. There's not been one single complaint about it from staff or customers. But you'll never see a story about that in a Tory rag like the Daily Mail.
In the words of the late Gary Colman what you talkin about Wyn
Old 30-05-2010, 08:51   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In the words of the late Gary Colman what you talkin about Wyn
Talking about the junk that keeps appearing in that "newspaper" which you love to treat us to stories from.
Old 30-05-2010, 09:07   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Talking about the junk that keeps appearing in that "newspaper" which you love to treat us to stories from.
Well I have to keep the plebs up-to-date with life outside the Guardian, Observer and Independent
Old 30-05-2010, 09:10   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

perfect example of a non story summat the mail excels in.
Old 30-05-2010, 09:11   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Another non-story from a chip shop wrapper.
I think you would get a visit from the Food Hygiene People & closed down if you wrapped food stuffs in such an insanitary item as that, (and quite right too).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 09:12   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I have to keep the plebs up-to-date with life outside the Guardian, Observer and Independent
Would that be the "life" where people aren't allowed to wear England shirts on buses because foreigners might object?
Old 30-05-2010, 09:14   #15
Give, give, give member

I find it objectionable that people wear sports clothing, when not actually playing sport.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..