Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 22:46   #31

Re: I'm gobsmacked!

I just felt sorry for the young lad in his England shirt looking forward to the world cup. Little uns don't understand something like being thrown off the bus because of your shirt.
Thing is I don't usually read the papers so I didn't really notice which paper it was in. It could have been the timbuktu Echo for all I knew
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2010, 22:48   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Thing is I don't usually read the papers so I didn't really notice which paper it was in. It could have been the timbuktu Echo for all I knew
Never read that un sue, but the Mail must be on a par wi it.
Old 01-06-2010, 22:51   #33

If the Mail isn't very good, what's The Sun like?
Old 01-06-2010, 22:52   #34
God Member

Quote:
I just felt sorry for the young lad in his England shirt looking forward to the world cup. Little uns don't understand something like being thrown off the bus because of your shirt.
... the Timbuktu Echo could well be the Muslim version of the Daily Mail in Mali
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 22:57   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

My answer can only be put in oer 18s, never had that rag in the house since hillsbourgh.
Old 01-06-2010, 22:58   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Ok hang on..this incident may well have happend.. but wether or not the reporting is real is another thing.... I'd bet anyone it is designed to wind up those who read that paper.
The Mail sends out an image that it is an upmarket "serious" newspaper...now that is not reality.
Like it or not, and personally I don't, though do read the odd second hand copy, so I don't become too blinkered, it's the second most widely read paper in the country.

If you discount the one that has nipples and 'news', it's the most popular.

ABCs: Circulations of just two nationals increase y-o-y - Press Gazette

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 23:11   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Like it or not, and personally I don't, though do read the odd second hand copy, so I don't become too blinkered, it's the second most widely read paper in the country.

No surprise there.. but I have noticed that most of the other "serious" papers have sold out by late afternoon.
I reckon there is some gerrymandering (does he still write for the Mail?) going on .. don't know if it's nationwide but all the McDonalds in London have been giving away a free daily mail at the run up to elections for the last 20yrs...
Old 01-06-2010, 23:13   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No surprise there.. but I have noticed that most of the other "serious" papers have sold out by late afternoon.
I reckon there is some gerrymandering (does he still write for the Mail?) going on .. don't know if it's nationwide but all the McDonalds in London have been giving away a free daily mail at the run up to elections for the last 20yrs...
Perhaps if you rose before late afternoon, and didn't eat in Macdonalds, you might broaden your reading matter.

Old 01-06-2010, 23:18   #39
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps if you rose before late afternoon, and didn't eat in Macdonalds, you might broaden your reading matter.
Ah yes just what I was going to add..your legendary wit is getting so predictable.
Old 01-06-2010, 23:25   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You might like to know that Jonathon Harmsworth, Viscount Rothermere, owner of said newspaper, has recently aquired a new brother-in-law....Mark Thatcher. After Thatcher married his wife's sister Sarah Jane, formerly Lady Francis Russell.

Horrid girls both, though their dad's sound as a pound. Used car sales man, Tel.

It's no secret that the Mail is vehemently right-wing and pro-catholic, and has been ever since it stopped supporting the fascists at the outbreak of war in '39.

I don't know why people get in such a tiz, it's not going to change it's allegiance.

Old 01-06-2010, 23:31   #41
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ah yes just what I was going to add..your legendary wit is getting so predictable.
'Legendary'?

You really do need to get out more.

Sober.

Old 02-06-2010, 00:19   #42
God Member

Quote:

kida round , bright and i hear quite warm

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
It could have been the timbuktu Echo for all I knew
Now don't be starting on the Timbuktu Echo...I read it everyday. The crossword is legendary!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:38   #44

Now I am gobsmacked. I thought I'd have a nosey round the Mail Online this morning and came across this gem
Pedestrian sues Google after she's knocked over walking on highway | Mail Online
Old 02-06-2010, 08:48   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:

So I can take it you still want me to keep sending my copy round when I've read it then G

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..