Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   revolution in the air (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/revolution-in-the-air-55918.html)

cmonstanley 04-12-2010 14:06

revolution in the air

sounds like theres revolution in the air;) and david camerons advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme;) BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest

jaysay 04-12-2010 14:18

Re: revolution in the air

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 866576)
sounds like theres revolution in the air;) and david cameron's advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme;) BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest

I wonder why this is still allowed in our country, especially after 13 years of Labour Government, strange really you would have thought they would have taken great steps to put this right, now you have the never to highlight it:D:D:D:D

jaysay 04-12-2010 14:59

Well having read the article and seen some pictures it appear that the demonstrators will have plenty in common with those they are protesting about, in as much as neither of um will be paying much tax:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

cmonstanley 04-12-2010 16:14

la viva the private eye..:)

andrewb 04-12-2010 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 866576)
sounds like theres revolution in the air;) and david camerons advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme;) BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest

I bought some stuff from that Topman today. Wasn't very many protesters. Tons of people buying stuff from the store though.

It took up a lot of police resources however since they decided to do it in the doorway of the shop. These are the same people that will protest against spending reductions I imagine.

andrewb 04-12-2010 18:04

Oh and if that's meant to be the revolution, I don't need to worry about booking my plane tickets just yet!

Wynonie Harris 04-12-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 866616)
I bought some stuff from that Topman today.

A damning admission in itself. ;)

Bernard Dawson 04-12-2010 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 866616)
I bought some stuff from that Topman today. Wasn't very many protesters. Tons of people buying stuff from the store though.

It took up a lot of police resources however since they decided to do it in the doorway of the shop. These are the same people that will protest against spending reductions I imagine.

There may only have been a few of them Andrew, but they seem to have got a fair bit of national media coverage. Which I would imagine was the purpose of the demonstration.

cashman 04-12-2010 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 866620)
A damning admission in itself. ;)

yep it demonstrates plainly how toryboy views Tax Avoidance:rolleyes:

kestrelx 04-12-2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 866624)
There may only have been a few of them Andrew, but they seem to have got a fair bit of national media coverage. Which I would imagine was the purpose of the demonstration.

Hat's off to them for getting off their backsides and making a stand - that's what we need. It's unusual for people to organise and protest over an issue like this!

DaveinGermany 04-12-2010 18:55

The guy has been wheeling & dealing since the mid 70's & your "revolution" is only kicking in now ? At the end of 2010 ! Even being generous that's 30 odd years late don't you think ?

Wynonie Harris 04-12-2010 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 866626)

Well, there is that, although I was thinking more of his sartorial tastes. ;)

andrewb 05-12-2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 866626)

Am sure we are both in agreement that the many thousands of jobs and taxpayers Philip Green has created are a very welcome thing. ;)

cashman 05-12-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 866712)
Am sure we are both in agreement that the many thousands of jobs and taxpayers Philip Green has created are a very welcome thing. ;)

yep welcome indeed, sod all to do wi tax avoidance though, are ya saying the jobs make it alright? seems so to me, ;) Typical tactic avoiding the issue.

jaysay 05-12-2010 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 866713)
yep welcome indeed, sod all to do wi tax avoidance though, are ya saying the jobs make it alright? seems so to me, ;)

Like I've said before Labour did sod all to try and stop tax avoidance whilst in power, mind you they were probable using the same loopholes for there own benefits so why close um:D