Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Royal Wedding - The poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/royal-wedding-the-poll-56785.html)

garinda 15-02-2011 17:39

Re: Royal Wedding - The poll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883669)
But what about your council's offical celebrations?

What great things have they planned?

How much budget has been set aside to fund it?

We need to know, so we don't look like the poor country cousin.

If your council is planning very lavish public events, HBC might want to up their spending, so we don't look mean.

Please feel free to share with us your London council's full programme of events in Tower Hamlets.

Teabag you will have to share with us how your council is royally planning to spend money celebrating this wedding.

Try as I might, all I'm coming up with is hard-line Muslim politicans, who haven't yet publicised your own programme in Tower Hamlets.

I did find your local anarchist group's plans, re: the royal wedding, but they seemed more violent, than celebratory in concept.

jaysay 15-02-2011 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883658)
Yes, and as on this issue, I doubt I'm alone.

(Perhaps I should start a poll, to further prove the point.)

:rolleyes:

Dare ya:D

Tealeaf 15-02-2011 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883669)
But what about your council's offical celebrations?

What great things have they planned?

How much budget has been set aside to fund it?

We need to know, so we don't look like the poor country cousin.

If your council is planning very lavish public events, HBC might want to up their spending, so we don't look mean.

Please feel free to share with us your London council's full programme of events in Tower Hamlets.

£240,000

Fireworks, street parties, etc.

Roads closed off.

Don't have the full details yet.

Happy now?

garinda 15-02-2011 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883675)
£240,000

Roads closed off.

Happy now?

Wow!

A near quarter of a million budget.

Let's hope that figure shames our own council.

All we require now is evidence of that figure, from some offical source, and then yes, we'll be happy.

We'll wait for you to provide that...

Tealeaf 15-02-2011 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883677)
Wow!

A near quarter of a million budget.

Let's hope that figure shames our own council.

All we require now is evidence of that figure, from some offical source, and then yes, we'll be happy.

We'll wait for you to provide that...

Why should I waste time doing that? If you lot want to be a bunch of puritanical misers, then go ahead and find the evidence; me, I'm just happy to party.

garinda 15-02-2011 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883675)
£240,000

Roads closed off.

Happy now?

No one here has the slightest problem with people having their own street parties, or that the council has waived the fee for any road closures that might occur because of them.

If people want to sit in the wind and rain, whilst eating their jelly and ice creams, with the wet bunting flapping above, good for them.

Though judging by the apathetic reaction on here, with even the ardent royalists apparently prefering to watch the wedding in the comfort of their own homes, it'll be interessting to see just how many street parties there'll be in Hyndburn.

The vast majority of people are objecting to money being spent on a programme of civic celebrations, that we are told will centre around the Market Hall.

Big difference.

;)

garinda 15-02-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883683)
Why should I waste time doing that? If you lot want to be a bunch of puritanical misers, then go ahead and find the evidence; me, I'm just happy to party.

Offering proof, of something you posted?

Because otherwise it becomes meaningless, and some could say that it perhaps wasn't true.

That's why.

;)

Less 15-02-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883686)
No one here has the slightest problem with people having their own street parties, or that the council has waived the fee for any road closures that might occur because of them.

If people want to sit in the wind and rain, whilst eating their jelly and ice creams, with the wet bunting flapping above, good for them.

Though judging by the apathetic reaction on here, with even the ardent royalists apparently prefering to watch the wedding in the comfort of their own homes, it'll be interessting to see just how many street parties there'll be in Hyndburn.

The vast majority of people are objecting to money being spent on a programme of civic celebrations, that we are told will centre around the Market Hall.

Big difference.

;)

The figure from one Borough to another means nothing, we're all in it together, your debt is my debt, be honest we don't need road sweepers or other such folk so long as WE ARE HAPPY.

Tealeaf 15-02-2011 18:01

So what's HBC's budget then?

Tealeaf 15-02-2011 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 883689)
Offering proof, of something you posted?

Because otherwise it becomes meaningless, and some could say that it perhaps wasn't true.

That's why.

;)

Up yours. You started this nonsense about the LBTH/HBC comparison. You find it.

Everyone who knows me on here knows that my word is my bond. Do you want me to type this out in my own blood?

Less 15-02-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883691)

Ask Ken when he comes on later, his lot will have to pay for it when the bill arrives in May...

Tealeaf 15-02-2011 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 883696)
Ask Ken when he comes on later, his lot will have to pay for it when the bill arrives in May...

Well, I just hope he is a bit more accurate with his figures on the fireworks than he was on the eye-tie cook.

garinda 15-02-2011 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883691)

Er...that's what we all want to know.

If you'd read the thread (post 142) you'd see the question was asked and recorded in the minutes of a meeting in council chambers, but sadly not the Leader's response.

Any how, as it stands, to the question should HBC spend tax payers' money on a programme of wedding celebrations...

3 Hyndburn residents have voted yes.

46 Hyndburn residents have voted no.

As a small, yet diverse sample of residents in the borough, the people of Hyndburn have spoken, and said...

NO!
;)

Less 15-02-2011 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883699)
Well, I just hope he is a bit more accurate with his figures on the fireworks than he was on the eye-tie cook.

He won't have to be accurate, He'll be in power.
:rofl38:

garinda 15-02-2011 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 883695)
Up yours. You started this nonsense about the LBTH/HBC comparison. You find it.

Everyone who knows me on here knows that my word is my bond. Do you want me to type this out in my own blood?

I couldn't find any budgets, or even an offical programme, to celebrate the royal wedding in Tower Hamlets.

All we ask is evidence the council's budget is £240,000.00, as you stated it was.

Once we know our own budget, we'll be able to make interesting comparissons as to the worth of each.

As posted, there's no hurry. We'll wait for you to provide the evidence.