Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Allah v Nick (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/allah-v-nick-60393.html)

Tealeaf 13-01-2012 12:20

Allah v Nick

I see in today's Observer that Lancashire's finest have expressed an interest in land off Steiner Street for the site of a new police station. This ground has been earmarked for some time as the spot for the new Accy super mosque.

Personally, i think the location is ideal for a new cop shop, the Manchester Rd one being well past it's sell by date. It is quite central to the borough, with fast access to the motorway and not to far from the town centre.

So what does the panel think? A new nick there, or the mosque? Or maybe something else, such as allotments. If Accy is to have a new mosque then what about converting the old Con Club? It is big enough and I seem to recall it's even got a few mini-minarets on the roof, so the jobs half done; the old ball room would make an excellent prayer room.

Benipete 13-01-2012 12:28

Re: Allah v Nick

I've gone for the Cop Shop.It's one hell of a long bumpy ride in the back of the meat wagon to get to Green Bank.:eek::D:D

cashman 13-01-2012 13:47

Think it would be far more convenient fer everyone resited down yon.

Wynonie Harris 13-01-2012 14:47

A real ale pub to make up for all the ones we've lost round there.

Incidentally, what's going to happen to the old cop shop? As it's a grade 2 listed building, it can't be knocked down, so is it just going to be left to fester like the fire station?

cashman 13-01-2012 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 962210)
A real ale pub to make up for all the ones we've lost round there.

only problem i can see wi that, Is there enough around this way aware of real ale n what it is? The younger end seem mostly Lager, WKD, n such like numpties.:D

Barrie Yates 13-01-2012 15:34

Gone for the cop shop.
Afraid I must confess to liking a decent lager - Stella or 1664, but do enjoy some of the more recent Thwaites's especially Bomber. The lager choice probably stems from my years (45+), away from any decent draught beers.

SamF 13-01-2012 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 962211)
only problem i can see wi that, Is there enough around this way aware of real ale n what it is? The younger end seem mostly Lager, WKD, n such like numpties.:D

I'm sorry but your off there - there is a boom in real ale pubs around all student areas.

jaysay 13-01-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 962215)
I'm sorry but your off there - there is a boom in real ale pubs around all student areas.

Pray tell us where that is in accy please:rolleyes:

jaysay 13-01-2012 17:49

I definitely voted for the cop shop, as a preference to the other two

maxthecollie 13-01-2012 21:20

New Nick. I thought that a new nick was going to be built behind the present one. The old building is going to be empty the way its going. Fire Station gone, Police Station going and the courts on a four day week.

SalfordLadRemoved 14-01-2012 12:53

I see no point in a new nick as it will almost certainly be unmanned most of the time. What is the thinking behind it? The usual excuse to spend money: The old one is not up to code and it will cost more to bring it up than to build a totally new one?

I am cynical. As for a mosque - I have not opinion really.

jaysay 14-01-2012 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalfordLadRemoved (Post 962432)
I see no point in a new nick as it will almost certainly be unmanned most of the time. What is the thinking behind it? The usual excuse to spend money: The old one is not up to code and it will cost more to bring it up than to build a totally new one?

I am cynical. As for a mosque - I have not opinion really.

Ya would have if you lived in the next street:rolleyes:

jaysay 15-01-2012 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter121 (Post 962632)
Well, these are precisely I need now
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/...0.creation.jpg

pardon:confused:

Barrie Yates 15-01-2012 14:46

Try building a Church in the birthplace of the Muslim faith (Saudi Arabia), you can even be arrested & deported for holding a Christian service anywhere other than in one of the Embassies.

davemac 15-01-2012 21:43

I voted cop shop, we need a presence in the town, it sends the wrong signal to keep closing down satelite stations and reducing coppers on the beat.
We should introduce public flogging and bring back the stocks, I might have gone a bit too far with the last point, but we need to see coppers on the beat:whip: