Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Putin reelected (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/putin-reelected-60883.html)

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 17:40

Re: Putin reelected

Alexander II was killed in St Petersburg by an anarchists bomb. His Son, Alexander III,father of Nicholas II, is reported as saying, when the culprits had been aprehended and condemned to death, "No one will dare to come to me to ask for mercy". And nobody did, except Leo Tolstoy, but everybody usually ignored him anyway.

Point is, nothing ever really changes. If anyone is looking for revolution as a result of this election they will have a long and futile wait. Protests will be permitted, for a while. But slowly and surely the ringleaders will be identified and rounded up and silenced. Russia will march forward, backward or sideways, however Putin determines, and it will all be back to business as usual tomorrow.

jaysay 05-03-2012 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 975304)
i heard tony blair was standing at the next elections in russia

Your joking aren't you, he'd have to abandon the gravy train he's been riding since 2007:rolleyes:

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 18:29

If there's a couple of bob in it, he'll be there.

MargaretR 05-03-2012 18:38

When the very rich realise that their greed for money is providing comfort but not bliss, they begin to seek the power and control over others to satisfy their egos.

jaysay 05-03-2012 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 975412)
When the very rich realise that their greed for money is providing comfort but not bliss, they begin to seek the power and control over others to satisfy their egos.

Give it up Margaret, your never going to do that no matter how much you try:D:D

cashman 05-03-2012 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 975354)
Alexander II was killed in St Petersburg by an anarchists bomb. His Son, Alexander III,father of Nicholas II, is reported as saying, when the culprits had been aprehended and condemned to death, "No one will dare to come to me to ask for mercy". And nobody did, except Leo Tolstoy, but everybody usually ignored him anyway.

Point is, nothing ever really changes. If anyone is looking for revolution as a result of this election they will have a long and futile wait. Protests will be permitted, for a while. But slowly and surely the ringleaders will be identified and rounded up and silenced. Russia will march forward, backward or sideways, however Putin determines, and it will all be back to business as usual tomorrow.

Exactly what ive been saying with many less words.:D;)

garinda 05-03-2012 22:56

What I could never understand about Russia, since the fall of the Soviet system is this.

One minute your looky-likey Brezhnev wife is rubbing a blackened Brussel sprout around her eyes, in place of mascara, and you'd happily exchange your first born son for a pair of Levis, or a Pink Floyd album.

Literally within a couple of years, your wife's a supermodel, you're now a squillionaire oligarch, and you own more impressive array of boats than most countries navies.

How that all happen?

From bread queue to capitalist captain, in twenty four easy monthly steps.

jaysay 06-03-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 975537)
What I could never understand about Russia, since the fall of the Soviet system is this.

One minute your looky-likey Brezhnev wife is rubbing a blackened Brussel sprout around her eyes, in place of mascara, and you'd happily exchange your first born son for a pair of Levis, or a Pink Floyd album.

Literally within a couple of years, your wife's a supermodel, you're now a squillionaire oligarch, and you own more impressive array of boats than most countries navies.

How that all happen?

From bread queue to capitalist captain, in twenty four easy monthly steps.

In every communist there was a Capitalist trying to get out Rindi:rolleyes::D

Wrighty 06-03-2012 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 975567)
In every communist there was a Capitalist trying to get out Rindi:rolleyes::D

Is not the other way round ?

jaysay 06-03-2012 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrighty (Post 975626)
Is not the other way round ?

You seem to forget the big changes in good old Tony, Gordon, Alistair and lets not forget good old two jags the tub thumping poster boy of the left, now better known as the Noble TWO FACED LORD ;)

Wrighty 06-03-2012 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 975676)
You seem to forget the big changes in good old Tony, Gordon, Alistair and lets not forget good old two jags the tub thumping poster boy of the left, now better known as the Noble TWO FACED LORD ;)

Not sure what you mean by changes? .. I know some of em are Fabians , Marxists & commies .. good combo to run the country eh!

jaysay 07-03-2012 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrighty (Post 975728)
Not sure what you mean by changes? .. I know some of em are Fabians , Marxists & commies .. good combo to run the country eh!

The only problem is they would rule by the gun not the ballot box, that's why communism failed

Wrighty 07-03-2012 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 975820)
The only problem is they would rule by the gun not the ballot box, that's why communism failed

Refusal of a referendum , Destruction of NHS , privatisation of the police , millions of cctv cameras , heavy handed police tactics at peaceful protests , already feels we are becoming under a dictatorship & then we have the interference of the EU , which may I add is a total unelected dictatorship

jaysay 07-03-2012 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrighty (Post 975826)
Refusal of a referendum , Destruction of NHS , privatisation of the police , millions of cctv cameras , heavy handed police tactics at peaceful protests , already feels we are becoming under a dictatorship & then we have the interference of the EU , which may I add is a total unelected dictatorship

The EU isn't unelected at all, if I seem to remember we do vote once every fife years for people to represent use in the European Parliament, although as I've said before we would be better off out of it, as for your other points, all measures taken rightly or wrongly are by a duly elected government, elected by the people and usually those that moan the most don't actually use their vote

MargaretR 07-03-2012 09:46

The elected MEPs don't make policy decisions.
They exist to provide the sham appearance of democracy.
They won't overturn the applecart because they know they are on a good gravy train.