Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Putin reelected (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/putin-reelected-60883.html)

jaysay 05-03-2012 09:43

Putin reelected

BBC News - Russia election 'clearly skewed' for Putin - OSCE

Vladimir Putin has been re-elected as President of Russia by gaining 63% of the vote. I seems not everybody is happy with the result as they're saying it was rigged, how can it be rigged its well known the the result has been safely stashed away in the safe at the Kremlin for the last 12 months:D

Neil 05-03-2012 09:51

Re: Putin reelected

Is it this years election he is celebrating or next years? :rolleyes::D

cashman 05-03-2012 10:59

Putin will remain in power,as long as he wishes, Unlike Saddam no-one has the balls to invade Russia.:rolleyes:

MargaretR 05-03-2012 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 975242)
Putin will remain in power,as long as he wishes, Unlike Saddam no-one has the balls to invade Russia.:rolleyes:

Maybe no-one needs to.
Tsar Nicholas thought he was invincible too.
There have been mass rallys protesting - will be more now he has 'won'(allegedly)

garinda 05-03-2012 12:44

Thatcher evicted from Downing Street.

The Queen losing Britannia.

Putin winning a dodgy election.

Tears for souvenirs.

I found it very moving too.

http://www.zoklet.net/images/smilies/crying.gif

:rolleyes:

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 13:05

The Russians have a strange relationship with those who rule them. Quite masochistically they like to be dominated by men who are not afraid to flex their muscles and the more literally they can do this, the more popular they are. One of the reasons that the late Tsar failed was because he was too nice. The revolution would never have happened in his fathers reign, he would have hanged the lot of them, evidence or not. Russians respect that sort of decisiveness. This is the reason that Medvedev was not re-elected. This is the reason for Putin's ridiculous macho posing, but, as long as he has his physical health, he will succeed. Mental health in Russian rulers has never been much of a drawback.

garinda 05-03-2012 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 975280)
Mental health in Russian rulers has never been much of a drawback.

Yes, Russia's the only place in the world where they celebrate an outbreak of potato blight.

Knowing it will make their vodka even more mentally exciting.

kestrelx 05-03-2012 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 975242)

With everything that's been going on in the Middle East - this will probably sow the seeds of discontent and demonstrations in Russia!

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 975286)
With everything that's been going on in the Middle East - this will probably sow the seeds of discontent and demonstrations in Russia!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". Carl Jung

Seldom has there been spoken a truer word.

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 13:27

But back to Russia. I find it worrying that despite killing upwards of 20 million of his own people. There are still a frightening number of people, of all age groups, in Russia who think that Josef Stalin was a good idea.

claytonx 05-03-2012 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 975231)
BBC News - Russia election 'clearly skewed' for Putin - OSCE

Vladimir Putin has been re-elected as President of Russia by gaining 63% of the vote. I seems not everybody is happy with the result as they're saying it was rigged, how can it be rigged its well known the the result has been safely stashed away in the safe at the Kremlin for the last 12 months:D

Must have come as a complete surprise.

garinda 05-03-2012 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 975292)
But back to Russia. I find it worrying that despite killing upwards of 20 million of his own people. There are still a frightening number of people, of all age groups, in Russia who think that Josef Stalin was a good idea.

He might have been a bit of a lad, especially when it came to genocide, but you've got to admire the quality of his Mint Balls.

Wigan has a lot to thank Russia for.

If it wasn't for them being allowed to manufacture them, as well as Pol Pot pies, there'd be no jobs at all in the area.

accyman 05-03-2012 13:52

i heard tony blair was standing at the next elections in russia

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 975304)
i heard tony blair was standing at the next elections in russia

What as?

cashman 05-03-2012 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 975246)
Maybe no-one needs to.
Tsar Nicholas thought he was invincible too.
There have been mass rallys protesting - will be more now he has 'won'(allegedly)

Maybe but they will soon be squashed is my bet.