Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Myrtle House Medical Practice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/myrtle-house-medical-practice-66190.html)

maxthecollie 22-05-2014 15:57

Myrtle House Medical Practice

I rang my mother today and she informed me that had heard that Dr.Manual had retired. Can anyone shed anymore light on this?

JCB 22-05-2014 16:07

Re: Myrtle House Medical Practice

I was in there yesterday , which is now the surgery's half-day .

There was an Asian doctor present , but he could be standing in for one on holiday .

I heard no news about Dr Manuel .

I hope he hasn't retired . He was great with my parents in their old age and in their dying .

maxthecollie 22-05-2014 16:19

Dr.Manuel is our doctor and has worked on casualty at Accy Vic with my mother. He is a dam good doctor.

lettie 22-05-2014 16:24

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's retired, I found a photo of his retirement do online a few weeks ago whilst I was searching for their opening times.

yerself 22-05-2014 17:04

He's definitely retired, when I asked the receptionist who was taking over from him she said "No-one, we've merged with the Oswald Medical Practice, the doctor you see will depend on who they send." Can anyone recommend a good doctor?

westendlass 22-05-2014 17:18

Rhyddings Surgery are very good in my experience, you can usually see which doctor you prefer. Dr's Prout, Smith and Craig are really nice people. My family have been with them for years and they also have another surgery in Shadsworth.

MargaretR 22-05-2014 17:27

Dr Manuel was my doctor.
It would have been nice to have been notified of this change:rolleyes:

I last saw him when he visited me in December. He always was slim build, but looked very thin. I wonder if he is retiring due to some health problem.

I have looked at the website for Oswald medical practice - no mention of Dr Dixon - is he retiring too?

Mick 23-05-2014 06:05

I will stay with doc Dixon very nice doc and thinks he is a comic at times he also works at the nursing home the wife works for

jelly baby 28-05-2014 13:57

Dr Manuel defo retired but not due to health matters, Dr Dixon due to retire in a couple of years.
Jb x

Lucysgirl 28-05-2014 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly baby (Post 1107282)
Dr Manuel defo retired but not due to health matters, Dr Dixon due to retire in a couple of years.
Jb x

Only two years? I'm at an age where I don't like change so that thought fills me with trepidation.

yerself 29-05-2014 08:18

From the Myrtle House website: Myrtle House Surgery - GP Surgery Website.

On the 2nd of May 2014 Dr Athur Manuel retired as GP partner and the practice merged with Oswald Medical Centre who also have branch surgeries in the Acorn Centre, Accrington & also Oswaldtwistle & Blackburn.

We are pleased to say we can now also offer our patient's appointments at the Acorn Centre to see a GP or to use their treatment room facilities.

JCB 29-05-2014 08:48

It's sad to see a good practice folding up .

jelly baby 05-06-2014 12:58

My husband left Oswald Medical Centre to join Myrtle House as he could never get an appointment when he needed one. I hope the appointment system at Myrtle House stays as it is now. ��

maxthecollie 05-06-2014 14:40

I rang today for one to be told next wednesday

Margaret Pilkington 05-06-2014 15:26

Just be thankful you ren't with Pals...it would be a week next Camel racing day!
You could be dead and buried by the time you get an appointment there.