Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Exile on Spencer St 29-06-2016 18:43

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171442)
...the credit rating agency Standard and Poor have been wrong in the past about the economic growth of this country....

Just watched "The Big Short" last night. If you want the reality about the self-appointed Credit Rating Agencies take time to watch it.
It'll make you madder than a hare in March, or at least it should if you care about the way we have all been, are being, and will continue to be shafted by the global investment banks and their sycophantic agencies like S&M and Moody's.
Every time I hear on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation that some foreign-owned investment bank is threatening to send staff to another country because of the LEAVE vote, I give a hearty cheer. Send 'em all to Las Vegas where they belong.

cashman 29-06-2016 19:03

The times i have heard that,is as many as the times they say after- we aint gonna send anyone.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 29-06-2016 20:14

and it is those same banks that lobby the big cheeses in the Eu so that the banks agendas are fulfilled.
Goldman Sachs fudged the figures about the greek economy when Greece was trying to gain entry to the Eu...had they not done this Greece would never have met the criteria for entry.
I don't think I could bear to watch your recommendation...my blood pressure would not stand it...and the TV might come a cropper.

Exile on Spencer St 29-06-2016 21:54

Was Carney still with Goldman Sachs when that happened? Odds on it'll be that or another investment bank he creeps off to after he's finished trousering his pay from Osborne.

Eric 29-06-2016 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1171487)
Was Carney still with Goldman Sachs when that happened?

No. He was Governor of The Bank of Canada. He first joined as Deputy Governor in 2003.

cashman 30-06-2016 07:41

Notice once again "Obamas" sticking his oar in! and telling us and the E.U. how to sort the exit out!! never realised he was Ruler of the world.:rolleyes:

Less 30-06-2016 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171495)
Notice once again "Obamas" sticking his oar in! and telling us and the E.U. how to sort the exit out!! never realised he was Ruler of the world.:rolleyes:

Now be fair, there could yet be undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rain forest he hasn't felt he needs to interfere with.

cashman 30-06-2016 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171496)
Now be fair, there could yet be undiscovered tribes in the Amazon rain forest he hasn't felt he needs to interfere with.

Aye only cos he dont know about em.

Exile on Spencer St 30-06-2016 11:37

The US national political system is almost designed to be gridlocked into inactivity. As a result many recent US Presidents seem to have had little ability to change things at home so they travel the world telling others how to behave and/or drop bombs on some of them when they don't.
Of course the founding fathers of the US of E got round that problem by making the European Parliament powerless, but well remunerated, so that it can't frustrate the unelected executive.

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2016 11:47

Just thought I would pass on some good news...the FTSE is actually HIGHER than it was before the referendum result...shares have gained everything they lost in the panicky hours after ...some of them have even gone up in value.

cashman 30-06-2016 12:01

Yeh know we have been watching the news for a couple of hours now Margaret and that aint been mentioned once, what a shock,:rolleyes:

Less 30-06-2016 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171498)
Aye only cos he dont know about em.

Wouldn't it be grand if he took a year or so off to go look for 'em?
[emoji4]

cashman 30-06-2016 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171504)
Wouldn't it be grand if he took a year or so off to go look for 'em?
[emoji4]

Not sure Less, the 2 front runners fer the next un worry me even more than him.:eek:

Exile on Spencer St 30-06-2016 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171502)
Yeh know we have been watching the news for a couple of hours now Margaret and that aint been mentioned once, what a shock,:rolleyes:

C'mon, Cashy, we can't be having the BBC breaking the terms of its charter by broadcasting good news for the UK economy.

cashman 30-06-2016 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1171512)
C'mon, Cashy, we can't be having the BBC breaking the terms of its charter by broadcasting good news for the UK economy.

True they would rather show all the dickheads that cant understand democracy.;)