Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Less 05-07-2016 14:29

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laatab (Post 1171849)
There's only thing that you can be certain of. Remain or leave the EU. Its you and I who pay!

That has been said many times in this thread and is very true.

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2016 16:27

Everything in life has a cost.
The cost of our freedom has been paid in blood......with (over the centuries) millions of men and women fighting for the democracy that so many people in this country were prepared to hand over to a foreign power(Europe...but mainly Germany) in my estimation the cost is worth it just so that we can be the authors of our own fate.

Now if the so called Leaders of this country would stop jacking about and get on with sorting out the bl**dy negotiations to get out of this bloated and corrupt organisation.....we could start putting the UK on the right track......and show the world what we are made of!

accyman 05-07-2016 21:09

to be fair germany nearly took over us completely without spilling a drop of blood

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2016 06:04

Greece is hock to them.....all because they(Germany) would not release them from the bondage that is the EU.

Laatab 06-07-2016 09:35

I wouldn't be surprised if they never quite get around to invoking article 50. To those at the top all economic chaos is just a way of shaking the money tree to fleece you and I out of another few hundreds of billions which will once again be given to the banks who will then not invest it in anything useful for us. And its always useful to lower the bar on living standards. If voting worked they would make it a criminal offence!

cashman 06-07-2016 09:41

Oh i think it will be invoked, when is another question!! civil unrest will be created big time if they dont imho.

Eric 06-07-2016 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laatab (Post 1171886)
If voting worked they would make it a criminal offence!

Probably true. In his Literary Theory: An Introduction, Terry Eagleton states that "I am free to vote Labour or Conservative, but if I try to act on the belief that this choice itself merely masks a deeper prejudice - the prejudice that the meaning of democracy is confined to putting a cross on a ballot paper every few years - then ... I might end up in jail." Eagleton is currently working in Lancashire as Distinguished Professor of English Literature at Lancaster University. He is the UK's answer to Noam Chomsky.

Barrie Yates 06-07-2016 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171887)
Oh i think it will be invoked, when is another question!! civil unrest will be created big time if they dont imho.

I hope it does Cashy, but I think there is a far better chance if TM fails to become PM and AL, who has said she will invoke it straight away, gets the countrywide Tory Party behind her.

cashman 07-07-2016 07:52

Brexit spreads across Europe: Italy, France, Holland and Denmark ALL call for referendums | World | News | Daily Express oh dear.:D

Less 07-07-2016 08:48

If this sort of thing continues and economies improve because of it, how long before the Politicians/Big banks/Large business's jump on the band wagon and claim that they knew this would be the result?

Then, pretend this is what they planned for all along?

Will it be the politicians that are the first to claim the glory for leading us to the promised land?

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk...nd-291x150.jpg

cashman 07-07-2016 09:07

Not a chance Less, I'm claiming that now.:D

Less 07-07-2016 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171965)
Not a chance Less, I'm claiming that now.:D

Well, you'd make a more convincing Moses, you look about 120 years old!
:D

Margaret Pilkington 07-07-2016 09:34

Maybe soon there will be NO EU to belong to.

Exile on Spencer St 07-07-2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1171966)
Well, you'd make a more convincing Moses, you look about 120 years old!

Not to mention his tablets! ;)

Less 07-07-2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1171967)
Maybe soon there will be NO EU to belong to.

You mean that organisation that the backward people on the Continent belong to?

If they had any sense they would follow our lead...

...just imagine, a couple of months from now there could just be Germany and France left arguing about being the dominant power in Brussels, perhaps as usual they will be the ones starting yet another war, you know, that one we were supposed to start if we voted exit.

Nope I'm wrong, it will be France and Germany as allies against the Belgians, (can you imagine them trying to enforce an eviction notice if they come out?).