Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Yorkshire Bank in Accrington to Close (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/yorkshire-bank-in-accrington-to-close-68184.html)

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2016 19:51

Yorkshire Bank in Accrington to Close

Pretty soon Accrington is going to be a ghost town.

It has been announced today that the Yorkshire Bank in the town is set to close on the 31st of August.
All accounts held at that bank will be transferred to Blackburn.

I have been with this bank since 1957 so it is a bit of a blow to me.
And I bl**dy well hate Blackburn.

cashman 13-04-2016 20:30

Re: Yorkshire Bank in Accrington to Close

Even worse for me, the Impostas closed.:eek:

maxthecollie 13-04-2016 20:42

Isn't it great when the press find out before the customers. We have been with Yorkshire Bank since 2002, but tomorrow I will be going to close our accounts and bank elsewhere.

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2016 20:49

I have been with this bank since I was 10 years old. I got a metal book saving box at Peel Park School.

Recently there was a notice up in the bank encouraging other bank customers ( whose branches were closing in the town)to join the Yorkshire Bank.
They will feel really hacked off.
As I say, it is becoming a ghost town.
What about the businesses in the town......oh, well pretty soon there won't be any.
And there we are building a bus station....that'll be to take people out of town to do their banking.

steve2qec 13-04-2016 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1166156)
Isn't it great when the press find out before the customers. We have been with Yorkshire Bank since 2002, but tomorrow I will be going to close our accounts and bank elsewhere.

Me too! I have a personal and a business account with YB. Might give Santander a try.

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2016 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1166152)
Even worse for me, the Impostas closed.:eek:

Oh Cashy, didn't know that. I noticed it was closed, but thought perhaps they were doing a refurb or something.
That is sad. It was a good place to go for a drink and a bite to eat.

cashman 13-04-2016 21:37

Anyone changing and need a euro account, as i did, santander dont do them. i assumed they would being spanish.:rolleyes:

Neil 14-04-2016 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 1166158)
Me too! I have a personal and a business account with YB. Might give Santander a try.

Have you seen this news story about Santander cash machines Santander cash machines: Crime fears at Lancashire ATMs - BBC News

maxthecollie 14-04-2016 11:51

Just been in Yorkshire Bank this morning. The staff are gutted. They only found out yesterday morning.

cashman 14-04-2016 11:57

Thing is wi all thats closing, the council have planned ahead!! A new Bus Station to get the hell outa town.:rolleyes:

RainbowSix 14-04-2016 12:25

And it appears that the new bus station is going to affect the one way system, the monument at the bottom of st james street has been removed - I'm told to make way for the buses, a tree has already been chopped down.

Heck knows where they will go - most likely heading as cashy says.

maxthecollie 14-04-2016 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1166204)
Thing is wi all thats closing, the council have planned ahead!! A new Bus Station to get the hell outa town.:rolleyes:

That's if any buses go in there.

maxthecollie 14-04-2016 16:33

They are closing in August

Margaret Pilkington 14-04-2016 17:56

Yes, I put that in my the first post.
I have been in the bank this morning with some questions that I needed answering before I made any decisions.
I have to say that the staff were very helpful(as always).
It appears that the lease on the building is up and that along with the fact that more people are using the Internet seems to have sealed the fate of the bank.

maxthecollie 14-04-2016 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1166234)
Yes, I put that in my the first post.
I have been in the bank this morning with some questions that I needed answering before I made any decisions.
I have to say that the staff were very helpful(as always).
It appears that the lease on the building is up and that along with the fact that more people are using the Internet seems to have sealed the fate of the bank.

Sorry Margaret for not looking .Smack my hands