Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2010, 18:24   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: A bit of sense at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not if they're already blind Gordon
Like you are? You mean? Yes I agree Mancie and his mate are never going to change, but are you? Whenever and argument/discussion comes up the usual you put forward is Labour & their years, nothing practical, why? because there is nothing practical but you and obsessives like you & him can't find a neutral ground that is good for the rest of us, so we have to put up with the same old sheit.
(no smiley face, you don't deserve it).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2010, 09:20   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Like you are? You mean? Yes I agree Mancie and his mate are never going to change, but are you? Whenever and argument/discussion comes up the usual you put forward is Labour & their years, nothing practical, why? because there is nothing practical but you and obsessives like you & him can't find a neutral ground that is good for the rest of us, so we have to put up with the same old sheit.
(no smiley face, you don't deserve it).
Well you've got to admit Less that since Accy Web went on line there as only been Labour years, apart from May onwards that is. I am the first to admit that the Tories towards the end of their last time in office deserved to be beaten, but even then they left Labour with a strong economy to inherit, in fact the strongest economic position ever inherited by an incoming government in history, and they still cocked it up big style, as per usual
Old 17-10-2010, 09:47   #18
God Member

You forgot the global hijacking by banks bit though. Mind you Gordy Brown swept away some of the controls when head money man did he not?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 09:52   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
You forgot the global hijacking by banks bit though. Mind you Gordy Brown swept away some of the controls when head money man did he not?
Not forgetting selling all our gold and for what peanuts, but even then we were the first in and last out of recession and now have £1 trillions worth of debt
Old 17-10-2010, 10:09   #20
God Member

Quote:
Not forgetting selling all our gold and for what peanuts, but even then we were the first in and last out of recession and now have £1 trillions worth of debt
A debt that will never really reduce as the interest payments alone are crippling. The banks got away with fiscal murder and some are now partying to celebrate. Ok I can see why they rescued the banks but would it not have been better to treat the banks the same as any other business? A bank would have let a business go to the wall if it had been as reckless as they were. We need to put a proverbial noose round their knecks that one stupid arrogent move would have them hanging themselves.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 12:06   #21
God Member

BBC News - Spending Review: Benefit fraud measures outlined this is a good idea but theres so many laws, most would get it back on appeal so its just another gimmick and whos going to implement them when they are getting rid of so many staff are they going to try and do it on the cheap so most cases will be dropped due to lack of evidence because of the human rights law.
Old 17-10-2010, 12:36   #22
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
A debt that will never really reduce as the interest payments alone are crippling. The banks got away with fiscal murder and some are now partying to celebrate. Ok I can see why they rescued the banks but would it not have been better to treat the banks the same as any other business? A bank would have let a business go to the wall if it had been as reckless as they were. We need to put a proverbial noose round their knecks that one stupid arrogent move would have them hanging themselves.
I quite agree. A bit of thinning out would have been rather nice.

What we could do with is a nationalised bank that people could trust.

How about, oh I don't know, The Bank of England?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 17:54   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I quite agree. A bit of thinning out would have been rather nice.

What we could do with is a nationalised bank that people could trust.

How about, oh I don't know, The Bank of England?
Well the good old Bank of England used to regulate the Banks until somebody had a brilliant idea to regulate them, wonder who that was
Old 17-10-2010, 19:07   #24
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Well the good old Bank of England used to regulate the Banks until somebody had a brilliant idea to regulate them, wonder who that was
Are you related to the Mayor of London?

Read that again, work out where you went wrong and then re-post.

Last edited by Less; 17-10-2010 at 19:13.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 22:26   #25

Quote:
BBC News - Cameron backs proposed health and safety law reforms

At last a bit of sense over the health and safety nonsense, and a curb on ambulance chasers is long over due, we have got to a situation where there is no genuine no fault accidents anymore, a lot of these so called "accidents" could be avoided if people themselves were more careful and were no always looking for some one to blame, when most of the time its their own stupid fault
I agree
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 08:48   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are you related to the Mayor of London?

Read that again, work out where you went wrong and then re-post.
Glad the smiles are back deregulated was the term two typos one after another

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..