Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2006, 17:14   #1
Always EVIL within us

Cool A Day Out in Liverpool

The other day, I was hired to take a coach full of elderly people for a day out in Liverpool. As usual, I parked up near Lime Street and took a leisurely stroll around.

The Empire Theatre was bustling, the billboard advertising their latest show, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," people were flowing in and out of Lime Street Station, The Grand and Majestic St. Georges Hall across the road dominating the area with its colossal pillars and four ferocious lions standing guard caged in a pen ...........Err, whats that? No, surely after sitting there for 150 years, it's not necessary to take away their freedom? put them in a cage?

It has been suggested that they were temporarily caged because of the crowds on Remembrance Sunday but I cannot imagine veterans climbing all over the lions, Vandals? possible but the lions have as far as I know been around for over 150 years..........and don't they look stupid:engsmil:

Oh yeah, and someone has thoughtfully incorporated a hatch so that they won't starve

I wonder what P.B. would cage if he had the chance?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image017.jpg (40.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Image011.jpg (44.0 KB, 108 views)
Old 16-11-2006, 17:21   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: A Day Out in Liverpool

How stupid. If one of the footy teams were parading the silverware, and they thought fans might climb on them to get a better view, I could understand it, but for Rememberance Day?

Incidentally the interior of St. George's Hall in the background, was used in the films Yentl and Dream Child, and was supposed to be New York. I was lucky enough to work as a wardrobe assistant there, and it's a great building, though sadly most of it isn't open to the public.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:10   #3
God Member

They cant cage criminals but can cage a statue. I assume that the little opening in the front is to feed them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:20   #4
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I assume that the little opening in the front is to feed them.
Maybe its to put the scouse offspring that are playing up
Old 16-11-2006, 19:25   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

I think it's something to do with an Art exhibiton I heard about. Doesn't look very artistic to me.
Old 16-11-2006, 19:36   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Maybe its to put the scouse offspring that are playing up
That would give the poor lions food poisoning. Maybe the hoodies have laid a plan out to kidnap them and hold them to ransom.

On a serious note though it is a disgrace that they did it and the cages were still on during your visit. Dosnt give a good impression of the city.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 16-11-2006, 19:38   #7
Resident Waffler

I have a feeling it will turn out to be some deeply meaningful artistic statement.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:40   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I have a feeling it will turn out to be some deeply meaningful artistic statement.
That before or after the spray paint is added to the bars?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 16-11-2006, 19:44   #9
God Member

Looks like theyre ready for transportation ..but how ridiculous they look !!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 19:55   #10
Always EVIL within us

I have been in contact on another forum and have been told that it is indeed "ART" and that money has been paid for this Err, "Art"!?

If this was on a hill, would it be called a "Panopticon"?
Old 16-11-2006, 19:57   #11
God Member

i love going shopping in liverpool, there is quite a lot to see, a guided tour round the city on the yellow duck marine is good and i always have to take a trip over the water to birkenhead (or bacon head as my son calls it) i always make sure my traineeeees are securely attatched to my feet before i go though
Old 16-11-2006, 20:02   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
I have been in contact on another forum and have been told that it is indeed "ART" and that money has been paid for this Err, "Art"!?

If this was on a hill, would it be called a "Panopticon"?
I see you are swearing again (see red word)

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 16-11-2006, 20:03   #13
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart
i always make sure my traineeeees are securely attatched to my feet before i go though
I just gotta ask (with a name like yours) Why have you got trainees dangling from your feet? Is it a fetish they have?
Old 16-11-2006, 20:32   #14
Resident Waffler

Who are you training Flashy?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 21:35   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
you mean like lets cock things up?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..