Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2009, 18:04   #1

A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rights

I received this email from Unions together Today - your comments are very welcome

It may be difficult to believe but it's actually "family friendly" Dave Cameron.

The Tories have spent a lot of money telling us that they've changed. Millionaire Dave has gone to great lengths - cycling around town, waiting for his photo to be taken in Woolies and posing with a few Huskies in Norway. He's even shunned Waitrose and headed for Tesco at least once.

But Dave's plans to pull Britain out of the Social Chapter - the part of the law which guarantees fair treatment at work - reveals the truth behind all the slick marketing. He wants to roll your rights back by twenty years.

But we can stop him - sign our petition to protect your rights.

Unions Together | Cameron's hidden truth

He may pretend to have our interests at heart, but the facts are clear. He wants to scrap the legal guarantee that gives us four weeks paid holiday, the right to be consulted about changes at work and our entitlement to parental leave - denying the legal right for parents to spend time with their newborn babies in the critical first few weeks. That's just three examples - but Cameron's threatening dozens more of your rights.

In fact, he's said that axing these legal guarantees is his "top priority."

It's something that he'll never say on TV or write in a leaflet but he's threatening all of these rights and more.

Sign our petition and send Cameron a message that your rights matter.

Dave may pretend to be everyone's new best friend but it's clear that he's faking it. It's not surprising really. After all, Millionaire Dave actively campaigned against the National Minimum Wage - when some people were earning just £1.20 an hour.

We need to send him a message and I want you to be one of the first to do it. Sign up to say that your rights matter -

No matter what the marketing says, it's clear that he's only interested in protecting big business rather than ordinary working people. Sign the petition and then invite your friends to do the same.

Thank you. Our rights are precious - we need your help to protect them.

Byron Taylor

Last edited by claytonender; 25-02-2009 at 18:08.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2009, 18:05   #2
God Member

Re: A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rig

Total garbage.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:09   #3

Re: A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Total garbage.
What is total garbage - ordinary workers loosing their hard earned rights?
Old 25-02-2009, 18:14   #4
God Member

I didnt open the link, no need, the tories have never been 'for' the working man, and I doubt that will ever change, in fairness, I find it equally distasteful that labour did little to turn around what the tories damaged last time.
Old 25-02-2009, 18:23   #5
God Member

If they take these rights we have nowt left and will be open to abuse on all levels. People fought and died for these rights so we better keep em.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:35   #6
K-P

I stopped when I saw the word unions.. strange that wars should be mentioned. Did you know that unions closed down more factories than all hitlers bombing did..
Old 25-02-2009, 18:39   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I didnt open the link, no need, the tories have never been 'for' the working man, and I doubt that will ever change, in fairness, I find it equally distasteful that labour did little to turn around what the tories damaged last time.
Whilst I agree with you that Labour have not overturned all the Tory legislation that is 'anti' working man, but they have introduced a National Minimum wage, parental leave, statutory entitlement to holiday pay, the right for parents to request working hours that fit in with 'school hours' , increased the length of maternity pay (and the time mothers can take off work), extra rights for agency workers.
These are just few of the improvements Labour have made.
Old 25-02-2009, 18:39   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I stopped when I saw the word unions.. strange that wars should be mentioned. Did you know that unions closed down more factories than all hitlers bombing did..
Now that wouldnt be a suprise but then when the cats away.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 18:54   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
So we are to blame the unions for the mismanagement of the British economy And what part of the blame for the present economic FUBAR can we blame the workers for: the NINJA loans, the collapse of the US auto industry, which if it goes under will send economic shockwaves world wide, the collapse of British banks, sending valuable jobs offshore ... etc. I just don't see it. To blame the workers is to blame the victims.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 20:54   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
What is total garbage - ordinary workers loosing their hard earned rights?
What about the Post Office?

To post this today just shows that respect for your fellow human beings has gone out the window.....shame on you.

David Cameron's child died this morning.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 25-02-2009 at 20:57.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 21:01   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
but they have introduced.....the right for parents to request working hours that fit in with 'school hours'
Which is impractical for many if not the majority of jobs.

Quote:
but they have introduced......increased the length of maternity pay (and the time mothers can take off work
I think this is a negative not a positive point. Many companies will think harder about employing women because of the amount of time they could be off having children.
Old 25-02-2009, 21:11   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rig

I would want something a bit more concrete than an email from the Unions before I acted. And no I’m not a Tory. They are just the other side of the Labour coin.

We need a new coin.
Old 25-02-2009, 22:16   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

To post this today just shows that respect for your fellow human beings has gone out the window.....shame on you.

thats utter rubbish n a cheap shot. still it don't surprise me.
Old 25-02-2009, 22:20   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

I don't see this. What does this thread have to do with a family's loss? It's about politics for chrssake. And the imputation of insensitivity is .... I don't know, bs comes to mind.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 23:24   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
sorry claytonender, whilst i was a union man n official for more than 20 yrs, i am afraid i would need more substance than whats contained in the E-Mail, before putting me name to owt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..