Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 19:57   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: About Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes.

Sad saps that we are, we tolerate the hatefully intolerant.

Eventually they'll realise that the vast majority of people in this country haven't the same tolerance.
Yes we are sad saps, I actually heard from 3 different people, that a guy roams the streets of Accrington West in a White Luton Van, selling fruit & veg' if approached by an White person he is according to these folk always saying, 'Asians only'.
Now I know these people, non of them have an axe to grind with our Asian community, but if this tale is true, how is he (the seller), getting away with it?
By the way this is, I have to admit so far hearsay, I can't confirm what has been said but if it is true...

A minor problem compared to old no hands, but one we, decent whites and decent Asians seem to put up with.

Last edited by Less; 05-11-2010 at 20:00.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2010, 20:26   #17
Beacon of light

that is part of the problem...when good people, regardless of colour or creed, stand by and do nothing when they see others who are bringing their community into disrepute, we all suffer.

I cannot see how the muslims who were at the trial of Ms Choudhary feel 'radicalised'....or second class citizens. They are living in a country which allows them to practise their religion, allows them freedom of speech, educates them and their children(allegedly in private education...something that I could not afford when I was working)and pays them benefits.

They do moderate, law abiding muslims a great disservice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 21:24   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes we are sad saps, I actually heard from 3 different people, that a guy roams the streets of Accrington West in a White Luton Van, selling fruit & veg' if approached by an White person he is according to these folk always saying, 'Asians only'.
Make that 4, Less, if it's the same guy who parks his van up at the top of Princess St, friday dinnertime.

I think he also flogs fish and meat out of it - but it ain't refridgerated.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 05-11-2010 at 21:33.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 21:30   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Glad ya mentioned this Less wasn't aware of it, the crap will hit the fan big time if he tells me that.
Old 05-11-2010, 22:33   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
The USA want him, we don't so what is the hold up with extradition?
It would appear that Ossy civic theatre have taken charge of custody till after their Christmas/New year production of that classic pantomime Peter Pan.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 22:54   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps hes first reserve fer switching our christmas lights on?
Old 05-11-2010, 22:58   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It would appear that Ossy civic theatre have taken charge of custody till after their Christmas/New year production of that classic pantomime Peter Pan.
I hope they've secured a large enough arts grant, to keep him in the style to which he's accustomed.

I'm guessing they probably have.

Money being no object.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 23:00   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps hes first reserve fer switching our christmas lights on?
You havin' a laugh?

This is Hyndburn!

It'll be an Abu Hamza, licky-likey, tribute act.

Old 05-11-2010, 23:25   #24
God Member

I'm surprised that the daily mail has not sussed on to the fact that all muslims in Britain have this geeezer on their fridge...

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57   #25
Beacon of light

This hook handed guy has won his appeal not to have his British passport withdrawn.

Who on earth sanctioned this bit of madness....they too, should be charged with treason.
This man should be removed from the Uk as soon as possible......and all his scrounging family too.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:04   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This hook handed guy has won his appeal not to have his British passport withdrawn.

Who on earth sanctioned this bit of madness....they too, should be charged with treason.
This man should be removed from the Uk as soon as possible......and all his scrounging family too.
From what I believe its the European Court of Human Rights, that upheld is appeal
Old 06-11-2010, 14:40   #27
Give, give, give member

'The European Court has ruled that if he faces life in jail without parole it will breach his human rights and is currently considering further submissions.'

'Hamza, real name Mustafa Kamel Mustafa, arrived in Britain in 1979 at the age of 21 on a six month Egyptian passport.'

'He bigamously married his first wife the following year, despite the fact she was already pregnant by another man and was still married to the man she had met when she was 16.'

Abu Hamza keeps British citizenship - Telegraph

If our Europen masters are so worried about poor Abu's human rights, and fear he might become stateless, let them have him in Brussels.

I'm sure we'd soon get over our tears, as we waved him off on the Eurostar.

Old 06-11-2010, 14:52   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'The European Court has ruled that if he faces life in jail without parole it will breach his human rights and is currently considering further submissions.'

'Hamza, real name Mustafa Kamel Mustafa, arrived in Britain in 1979 at the age of 21 on a six month Egyptian passport.'

'He bigamously married his first wife the following year, despite the fact she was already pregnant by another man and was still married to the man she had met when she was 16.'

Abu Hamza keeps British citizenship - Telegraph

If our Europen masters are so worried about poor Abu's human rights, and fear he might become stateless, let them have him in Brussels.

I'm sure we'd soon get over our tears, as we waved him off on the Eurostar.
Think we'd even have a whip round on here for his ticket
Old 06-11-2010, 15:34   #29
Beacon of light

I'd chip in £10 as long as his scrounging family went with him and he only took what he could carry in a paper bag......let Brussels bring up his brood.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..