Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2007, 14:08   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Absent Landlords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Unfortunatley there isn't enough social housing to go round. And believe it or not a lack of heating & hot water combined with a law breaking landlord gives you very little in the way of priority points. The funniest thing I find is that I have been told I'm the lowest of priorities because I have no links with Accrington. My daughter doesn't go to school here and I don't work here. The fact I live here and PAY council tax is totally irrelevant
but dave they couldnt very well say you are the lowest priority cor yer a DINGLE.
Old 22-03-2007, 14:53   #32
Resident Waffler

I thought there were supposed to be rules and stuff that covered whether a house was fit to live in.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 22:32   #33
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I thought there were supposed to be rules and stuff that covered whether a house was fit to live in.
There are Willow, but getting anyone from the council to get involved is as hard as it was for Churchill to get the Yanks involved in WW2.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 01:05   #34
Resting in peace

Another broken promise from Hyndburn Council, no Council officer called round to inspect the unheated hot waterless property as was promised on Thursday, time to take the proverbial bull by the horns myself, as my daughter scalded herself taking hot water upstairs to bath the youngsters. I shall have to refer the matter to Messr's Sue Grabbit and Run.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:13   #35
Resting in peace

Apologies for draging this rather selfish thread back, but I feel this needs to be aired in view of the present topics regarding the Hyndburn Councillors, yesterday 28-3-2007 my wife rang Councillor Paul Barton leaving a message on his answering service at 4pm, Councillor Barton replied at 6pm taking the details of the problem, he then called my daughter and later visited the property, this morning the letting agents rang to inform us that a new boiler would be installed on Friday the 30-3-2007, the gas installers also confirmed this. This is after a family with 3 young children have been without hot water and central heating for almost a month, I would like to publicly thank Councillor Barton for his promt intervention in resolving this ridiculous situation. I. T. Walsh. (Ianto.W.)
Old 29-03-2007, 11:16   #36
God Member

Does this mean Councillor Barton is also my local councillor if I live round the corner from your daughter ?
Old 29-03-2007, 11:16   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Apologies for draging this rather selfish thread back, but I feel this needs to be aired in view of the present topics regarding the Hyndburn Councillors, yesterday 28-3-2007 my wife rang Councillor Paul Barton leaving a message on his answering service at 4pm, Councillor Barton replied at 6pm taking the details of the problem, he then called my daughter and later visited the property, this morning the letting agents rang to inform us that a new boiler would be installed on Friday the 30-3-2007, the gas installers also confirmed this. This is after a family with 3 young children have been without hot water and central heating for almost a month, I would like to publicly thank Councillor Barton for his promt intervention in resolving this ridiculous situation. I. T. Walsh. (Ianto.W.)
That's hopefully good news.

It's also good to hear something positive about a local councillor for a change.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 11:27   #38
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Does this mean Councillor Barton is also my local councillor if I live round the corner from your daughter ?
I would think so lancsdave, do you know, I always thought we were in Central Ward where we live, but it turns out we are in Barnfieild and we live in the town centre. I wonder if the Barnfield Councillors know there are any houses in this area, as we have never seen a Councillor in 20 years, even more .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..