Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2009, 17:57   #16
God Member

Re: absolutely disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Watched it loads of times and cant figure where the second bus went to..
I suspect it was transported to another dimension in time/space... this sort of thing seems to happen qiute often when I've waited for buses.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2009, 18:25   #17

Somehow I think that some of you have watched a different video to me.

Watch it again please, the bus mounts the curb, it smashes its way through a bus shelter as well as hitting the car.

Had the car not been there then it will still have wrecked the bus shelter.

The bus came out at too acute an angle also.

She is NOT 100% to blame for this accident, for the accident I think you will find that she is not to blame at all. The driver or the bus company are 100% to blame, the driver is the one that was in control of a moving vehicle and either driving without due care & attention or like it said, he pressed the wrong pedal or the bus company's maintenance was not upto scratch allowing a stuck throttle as suggested.

I know you would all like a snotty cow with a porsche to have her car totalled just for parking in the wrong place and she should not have done so but please, watch the video again she was not the cause of this accident but a victim of it.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:36   #18
God Member

if the car wasnt there he wouldnt have got into a panic trying to avoid it and hit the bush shelter , other than plough into teh bus shelter there was no where else for him to go.

from your stance on this i can only assume you are one of them that think white zigzags are put on roads to indacte a suitable parking space for people like yourself and this daft tart to nip to teh cash point or into a shop and that disabled parking spaces are for if you should ever stubb your toe or just feeling a little tired after work and unable to walk a few extra feet lol

next time you pass a bus stop please take note of teh big letters saying BUS STOP and if after looking around your vehicle you come to teh conclusion that you are not in a BUS dont consider parking there

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-09-2009 at 18:42.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 18:42   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
She is NOT 100% to blame for this accident, for the accident I think you will find that she is not to blame at all.
I agree she is not to blame for the accident.
However had she not been parked illegally her car would not have been crashed into.

She should not be able to claim against the bus insurance as she was breaking the law at the time of the accident.

She should also have to pay the parking fine.
Old 28-09-2009, 18:44   #20
God Member

yep just as if you are drink driving you are breaking teh law and your insurance wont pay for your damages the same shoudl apply to illigaly parked cars when they get dammaged

her insurance company shoudl have paid for all damages but not damages to her vehicle

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-09-2009, 19:16   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Somehow I think that some of you have watched a different video to me.

Watch it again please, the bus mounts the curb, it smashes its way through a bus shelter as well as hitting the car.

Had the car not been there then it will still have wrecked the bus shelter.

The bus came out at too acute an angle also.

She is NOT 100% to blame for this accident, for the accident I think you will find that she is not to blame at all. The driver or the bus company are 100% to blame, the driver is the one that was in control of a moving vehicle and either driving without due care & attention or like it said, he pressed the wrong pedal or the bus company's maintenance was not upto scratch allowing a stuck throttle as suggested.

I know you would all like a snotty cow with a porsche to have her car totalled just for parking in the wrong place and she should not have done so but please, watch the video again she was not the cause of this accident but a victim of it.
deffo!!!
Old 28-09-2009, 19:24   #22
Resting in Peace

I think this is one where we have split opinions, however, the law will come down on the side of the Porsche owner with regard to her damage whether you like it or not.

You could also say that if she had not been parked there, then the circumstances could have been a different story as it broke the bus driver's speed. The bus would still have shot across the road, as he did (for whatever reason), and there would have been flowing oncoming traffic which would have been hit by the bus, or the traffic would have hit the bus.

Afraid the fact that she was parked illegally is nothing to do with her damage/insurance claim. She committed no further driving offence than this.

Restless made a remark that maybe the bus driver "looked like he did it on purpose" That would be fun, wouldn't it ? ... spot an illegally parked car, and we can all go smashing into it knowing that we would not be prosecuted, and our insurance company would not be liable for any payment.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 19:38   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
spot an illegally parked car, and we can all go smashing into it knowing that we would not be prosecuted, and our insurance company would not be liable for any payment.

i actually think that would be an excellent law because if people knew that their car could be legaly messed up by any other driver or somone with a set of keys to scratch their car they may think twice before parking illigaly on bus stops , zigzags, yellow lines , on roundabouts , blocking juntions , obstructing peoples driveways and loads more then yes please please do bring in such a law

personaly i think we shoudl have a special unit in every town that tows away any car parked illigally and either put a huge fine to get it back to fund the system or simply crush it and get the scrap value to fund the scheme

oh and instead of 3 points for parking on white zigzags it should be an instant 12 month ban from driving and have teh car crushed

Last edited by accyman; 28-09-2009 at 19:42.
Old 28-09-2009, 19:45   #24
Resting in Peace

You have a warped mine Accyman .. but most times I like it .....
Old 28-09-2009, 19:48   #25
God Member

Quote:
You have a warped mine Accyman .. but most times I like it .....
if i was a traffic warden i would be to arrogant/ignorant drivers what hitler was to the jews

anyone who drives down blackburn road and through accy center on a regular basis will like me have an imaginary button which blows up cars and especially for those taxis that block union street outside farmfoods because theres space for 4 or 5 taxis to wait for customers but they line up blocking teh road all the way down to b&m

next topic - failing to indicate = executed at dawn

Last edited by accyman; 28-09-2009 at 19:51.
Old 28-09-2009, 19:58   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

next topic - failing to indicate = executed at dawn
Particularly on roundabouts !!
Gosh !! Congestion curtailed by 50% in a few months by following Accyman's bible ... LOL.

Last edited by katex; 28-09-2009 at 20:01.
Old 28-09-2009, 20:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
Particularly on roundabouts !!
they should be dragged out of tehir cars and actually executed in teh center of teh roundabout as a deterant to others and left there to rot

Old 29-09-2009, 06:58   #28

Accyman, your assumptions are 100% wrong.

I will walk a mile rather than park in a position that causes problems and inconveniences other drivers or is illegal.

Its just that I was not watching that video with any pre conceived ideas about women who drive porsches...

When you pull out from behind a bus you do NOT do it fast and in such a way that you cannot control it, you do it slowly - looking in all directions and being prepared to stop.
IF the bus was mechanically correct and the driver paying attention & being careful as the law requires then the bus would have stopped, it would not have hit the car.

Parking was not the cause of this accident, whatever it was that caused it, just because she was illegally parked she did not cause the accident, and as the bus driver
who represents the bus company was the one in charge of a moving vehicle then the bus company are liable for the damage cased to the car by their representative.

I too think that her parking ticket should have been enforced, however those who are in charge may have considered that she has lost enough
with her car being totalled and used some compassion when cancelling it (if thats what they did).

Please stop making assumptions based on your own bias on those that park illegally.

Last edited by mattylad; 29-09-2009 at 07:06.
Old 29-09-2009, 09:19   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they should be dragged out of tehir cars and actually executed in teh center of teh roundabout as a deterant to others and left there to rot
Trouble is accyman your far to soft
Old 20-10-2009, 18:00   #30

So who's the t0$$er who decided to give me bad karma just because I actually watched the video without bias?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..