Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2009, 15:42   #1
God Member

absolutely disgusting

i cant believe this woman was allowed to claim against the bus company and i also find it ridiculous that the council dropped the fixed penalty

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Bus smashes into parked Porsche

if she hadnt been a arrogant cow her porshe wouldnt have got totalled and had no one to blame but herself

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2009, 16:07   #2

Re: absolutely disgusting

that bus driver deserves a medal

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 16:45   #3
Senior Member+

looks to me that the driver was driving too fast going around the corner??? Oh put his foot on the accelerator instead of the break she said... Sounds to me like he did it on purpose
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 17:02   #4
God Member

i must admit it was refreshing to see an arrogant git driving somthing other than an audi

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 27-09-2009, 17:47   #5
Resting in Peace

Silly bitch, she needed a slap with a wet packet of sh1t
Old 27-09-2009, 17:59   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Silly bitch, she needed a slap with a wet packet of sh1t
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 19:57   #7

Codswallop!

The bus driver is totally responsible for what happened here, while she may have been illegally parked it is on the bus driver to drive with due care for other vehicles.
He could have killed someone mounting the pavement like that.

This is not a simple case of him driving on he road where he would normally go & hitting a parked car.

Can I have the write off?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 20:48   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Codswallop!

The bus driver is totally responsible for what happened here, while she may have been illegally parked it is on the bus driver to drive with due care for other vehicles.
He could have killed someone mounting the pavement like that.

This is not a simple case of him driving on he road where he would normally go & hitting a parked car.

Can I have the write off?
So pleased someone has seen a bit of sense here Mattylad ... think maybe if it had been an old rusty Fiesta .. would have been a different reaction

Without a doubt she was incorrect and arrogant by parking where she did, and the parking ticket should have been upheld, however, the bus driver pulled out without having a clear view of any oncoming traffic, then saw the poor guy in the other car waiting to proceed (no-one mentioned his damages have they ?), hit what he thought was the brake pedal and hit the accelerator instead !! Hope he has now been dismissed for driving without due care and attention ... good none of my relatives were in that bus or the shelter !!
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 10:55   #9

Looks to me like a stuck throttle. Not the bus drivers fault at all.

Isn't this what insurance companies are for? Why sue the bus company? Best to just give them the video and let them decide how to apportion blame.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 15:07   #10
God Member

the woman shoudlnt have been there period so teh accident was caused 100% by her and she alone shoudl have been held resposible for all damages,if she wasnt there for the bus to hit none of the events would have occured,if she was legaly paqrked which she wasnt then the bus driver would have been at fault.Just like all things regarding the law teh law breaker gets off scott free and come across as teh victim when all teh events were brought upon her by her own actions

strange how people are siding with this arogant tart yet find it ok to complain about illigal parking on blackburn road lol

Old 28-09-2009, 15:35   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the woman shoudlnt have been there period so teh accident was caused 100% by her and she alone shoudl have been held resposible for all damages,if she wasnt there for the bus to hit none of the events would have occured,if she was legaly paqrked which she wasnt then the bus driver would have been at fault.Just like all things regarding the law teh law breaker gets off scott free and come across as teh victim when all teh events were brought upon her by her own actions

strange how people are siding with this arogant tart yet find it ok to complain about illigal parking on blackburn road lol
You nailed that one spot on accyman
Old 28-09-2009, 15:46   #12

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

This looks like something from Beadles About. This video just dont ring true.

You see 2 buses parked one directly behind the other, bus comes along the road, swings out to pull in front of the first parked bus. Logically that means neither of the two parked up buses can move.

By the time the bus on the road swings in, 'hey presto' the second bus had vanished to be replaced by the one that shoots out at 90degrees to the original parked up bus and hits the Porsche.

Watched it loads of times and cant figure where the second bus went to..it cant have reversed turned to the angle that the crashing bus has by the time the bus on the road has gone past.
Old 28-09-2009, 16:56   #13
Senior Member+

woman says in the video that he said he put his foot down on accelerator instead of the break. I agree that she is to blame but you hear a lot about people putting their foot down for a possible claim EG: when your supposed to give way and you dont and the other person smashes into you on purpose...nice couple of grand for a sore neck.
though on the vid the guy said nobody was hurt
Old 28-09-2009, 16:57   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Watched it loads of times and cant figure where the second bus went to..it cant have reversed turned to the angle that the crashing bus has by the time the bus on the road has gone past.
yeah seems like it vanished. One prob moved forward as the one passes... only suggestion i have to that mystery
Old 28-09-2009, 17:45   #15
God Member

they way councils mark roads today which totally contadict the highway code and driving instructions given by teachers and driving examiners the bus could have been directed anywhere lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..