Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55   #46
God Member

Re: Accrington's new bus station "to be"

I'm presuming BwD are Blackburn with Darwen council. I understand they were involved in the white elephant bus route thing but why are they dictating where Accrington should have it's bus station and even more incredible how it should have it's road layouts, they can't even get their own right !!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59   #47
Give, give, give member

Even though consultation has taken place, and various bodies are involved, surely H.B.C. have the authority to halt the process, if they so wished?

I don't know why I'm getting so het up.

H.B.C. are strongly in favour of having a new bus station, at any cost. Therefore it will happen.

We know that when funding for it was dangled like a carrot on a stick, if they backed L.C.C.'s Pennine Reach scheme, which they did.

I can't see any positive benefits to Accrington, if the bus station is relocated to Crawshaw St.

'Whilst having a deferential opinion on the wider Pennine Reach scheme, my continued interest lies in seeing a new bus station in Accrington.'
Graham Jones MP: Pennine Reach: A scheme still alive and kicking despite media reports as to it's premature demise.

Perhaps Graham could clearly set out just what the benefits to the town will be?

So when it's all done and dusted, as it inevitably will be, at a later date we the public can evaluate if those that supported the fight for relocating the bus station were right.

Last edited by garinda; 06-10-2011 at 11:04.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 15:44   #48

Personally I'd get rid of the pedestrianised broadway and put the bus station there (think it was like that way back when?). Can't get more central than that. Pedestrianised areas look nice but don't serve any purpose. It's not like we have thousands of pedestrians like the big towns that this planning approach mimics. Road crossing could be easily managed on a bus only street.

Turn the existing bus station into a loitering area/gregg's queue. Put some benches there and the big town sculpture that many people seem to want. Problem solved. My fee for this idea is 10% .
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 08:25   #49
God Member

Looks like it's time for us to move out

New bus stations in Blackburn and Accrington get go ahead (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 15-12-2011, 08:48   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Looking at the comments, it looks like the GP aren't that keen really, but at least Ossy has been omitted from the "Pennine Reach" project
Old 15-12-2011, 08:51   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looking at the comments, it looks like the GP aren't that keen really, but at least Ossy has been omitted from the "Pennine Reach" project

As been mentioned before we heard a lot of the comments outside when it was in the news before and they weren't for wanting it moved. I think there's only Katex supports it, she obviously has some power
Old 15-12-2011, 13:27   #52
I am Banned

New bus station

Groove has been informed that plans for a new bus station behind Union.St has been given the go ahead and work will start next year.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 13:31   #53
Full Member+

Re: New bus station

What will they do with Peel St.?
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 13:41   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
What will they do with Peel St.?
Groove believes Peel.St will become a car park Mr.Steve.
Old 15-12-2011, 14:24   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Mr.Steve.
Is Groove turning into Basil Brush?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 14:25   #56
God Member

Groove's name is Richard....Head
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 14:33   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove has been informed that plans for a new bus station behind Union.St has been given the go ahead and work will start next year.
I don't think you have been informed exclusively about the new bus station at all as all the info is in today's telegraph

New bus stations in Blackburn and Accrington get go ahead (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Last edited by Mick; 15-12-2011 at 14:35.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 14:58   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Groove's name is Richard....Head
Richard le Bonce.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 15:08   #59
I am Banned

'Richard Head' hahahahahaha..... Flashy, Groove thinks your about as funny as a dose of crabs.
Old 15-12-2011, 15:10   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don't think you have been informed exclusively about the new bus station at all as all the info is in today's telegraph

Groove was informed before the Telegraph went to print Sir Michael....Groove can't name his source though, its top secret.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..