Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2006, 15:50   #1
God Member

Accy Red Light District

...as far as I am aware, there ain't one - although I did hear a story that there was a Gay version operating somewhere up Ossy.However, I wonder how each of us would react should we suddenly find a number of annorexic, drug-addicted women parading outside the front door. Would you be happy to offer a cup of tea and sympathy or would you be straight on to the cops, telling 'em to get over here PDQ and start clearing this thrash away from your street?

I have, of course, been watching the events in Ipswich unfold. I have been appaled by what has happened, not least by the BBC and their constant reference to "Working Girls". As far as I'm aware, a working girl is someone who goes to a legitimate place of employment, performs her job and is then rewarded with a wage from with taxes and NI are deducted.

So what the hell is the BBC doing referring to these prostitutes as "working girls". They do sod all all day, other than sign on the dole and shoot themselves up while at night they foul the streets with their activities, while at the same time being handsomely rewarded while evading tax and NI.

It gets worse. Now they are complaining that the cops are doing nowt to protect them. What do the cops do? they go and offer some friendly words of advice. What utter codswallop! Those cops should be out there nicking these slappers. Get 'em locked up and that way they are neither a nuisance to others or a danger to themselves.

Ooops..........just seen a similar thread

Last edited by Tealeaf; 13-12-2006 at 15:53.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2006, 22:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accy Red Light District

Some activity occurred around Blackburn Rd? from Clayton to Rishton (near to the Dunkenhalgh) and a premise Whalley Rd near Balti Stan I believe a couple of years back. I believe they were shut down/stopped. hey were from Manchester.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 23:01   #3
God Member

Never came across anything like that in Accy but then if its underground then most people wont. Up here having the docks means a few kick about when the big ships are in. I just ignore them and as they dont bother me I dont bother them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 23:03   #4
Resident Waffler

Can't imagine they'd get much trade wandering up and down outside our house.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 23:13   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

more class in accy,they used to use various town center pubs years ago. so they tell me.
Old 13-12-2006, 23:26   #6
Senior Member+

I know when I worked in Burnley they used to mention the pub The Big Window, which I was imformed was a place where the price was marked on the bottom of their shoes.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 23:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
I know when I worked in Burnley they used to mention the pub The Big Window, which I was imformed was a place where the price was marked on the bottom of their shoes.
the same in accy bazf the spread eagle on blackburn road was one such establishment.
Old 13-12-2006, 23:59   #8
Senior Member+

Funny you should say that, my dad told me if he ever caught me in the spread eagle he would skin me alive. Never said why.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 00:05   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
Funny you should say that, my dad told me if he ever caught me in the spread eagle he would skin me alive. Never said why.
well now you know bazf, prossies,and the likes of cashy.lol
Old 14-12-2006, 11:41   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Maybe he did not want you telling your Mum if you saw him in there
Old 14-12-2006, 15:35   #11
God Member

I would just like to say that I have absolutely no problem with prostitution per se. It's a service just like any other. And I am sure that there are quite a few married women out there who are quietly pleased to be relieved of the servicing of their spouses libido.

I think that following yet another sickening series of murders the government now has a moral duty to take the lead in regularising the sex industry so that it is open to examination, free of criminality and also free of shame. As I have said before, it is time this country woke up to the fact that sex, in all its guises, happens - however shocking that might be to "outraged of Tunbridge Wells".

Tealeaf complains that the trade is sordid and squalid. He is right, at the moment it is. If the trade were legalised and regulated, properly and effectively perhaps the "working"girls could come in off the streets and practise their necessary profession in safety. If they can manage it successfully in Amsterdam and other European cities why can't we do the same here? And before anybody asks, I would have no problem living next door to a brothel - provided they kept the noise down.
Old 14-12-2006, 17:27   #12
I am Banned

Well i'll shock ya, where i used to live in accy there was a known prostitute [as so rumour & appearance had it] moved in across the rd from me [oh why sh*t happens to me godknows] lets say spoilt a very nice house she had given, formally she was on Nuttal st [says it all ] she was a heroin addict, as was her partner whom the street had the alarming pleasure of him OD-ing dead looking - which was scary, cant say she brought clients onto the st or at her house, but she would regularly leave about 9pm to go off somewhere to tout in the typical stero type attire, but geez she looked so much like a slinny bloke than a woman. She had kiddies but dunno whther socail services got involved at some point.

After i left to be up here her house got burned down whether due to attack or because they were so out of it.

So even in a little town like this u do have them lurking in the shadows.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 17:31   #13
God Member

[quote=accymel;351647] formally she was on Nuttal st [says it all ]

quote]

I think the area has gone up in class since then but just in case does anyone know who took over the position ?
Old 14-12-2006, 17:41   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think the area has gone up in class since then but just in case does anyone know who took over the position ?
Took over the position of what
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 17:48   #15
I am Banned

you know its funny coz i saw a dodgy looking bloke entering a house on nuttall street only the other week with what appeared to be a bundle of papers

at least he wasnt carrying a black bag , rolls of duct tape and a few yards of rope
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..