Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2005, 20:30   #1
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Accy Web Love Story

Once upon a time there was a young lad who went to school at St Mary’s RC Oswaldtwistle. He loved his time there enjoying lessons, getting good grades and most of all playing football for the school team. Everything was fine until he started to notice the opposite sex, yes girls, he was aged 10 at the time and had taken a shine to a particular 9 year old, a dark haired cutie that had the loveliest eyes he had ever seen. Now as he had never had feelings for a girl before confusion set in, what was he to do? His knowledge of how to ask her out or even how to get her to notice him was extremely limited to school yard chatter and bits of stuff he had heard from older boys when out playing, but none of this was much use to him. Unable to deal with his emotions he did nothing but continued to gaze at her hoping to catch her eye but never did.

Then one day after football practice the young lad and a couple of his team mates where chatting as they sat having a drink on a grassy hill at the side of the pitch. The topic of conversation was the upcoming semi-final that the team were due to play but then it changed as one lad mentioned that he was thinking of asking a girl from the year below to go on a date with him. Sheepishly our hero asked “which one?” hoping the reply wouldn’t be the girl of his dreams. Of course the reply was the one he didn’t want to hear and in a panic said, “when are you going to ask her?” “as soon as I see her”, was the response, by now it had become obvious to the others that our hero also had the hots for the same girl and he knew it was judgement day and he had to do something about it.

As chance has it five minutes later he saw his girl approaching the bottom of the hill, the two love struck lads jumped to their feet and ran down to meet her. Still dumbstruck our hero couldn’t make the first move and lost out with the first line to his rival. To this day what was said and where the other lad asked her to go is still a blur but he remembers blurting out no don’t go with him I would like you to go out with me instead.

The next part of this story is so sad it stayed with him for years ruining his promising football career and putting him back to reception class when it came to asking girls out. In his eyes this girl was perfect and when she said she couldn’t decide his chest went tight and he felt ill, “I like clean boys” she said, “I can’t go out with someone who is dirty”, what does she mean he thought, “please show me your knees and elbows, whoever has the cleanest I will go out with”. At this all our hero was feeling was horror, all he was thinking was I made a tackle in that muddy puddle and I’m black under my tracksuit.

The rest is history he lost the girl because he had dirty knees, they never got as far as the elbows. For years he was obsessed with washing his knees, playing footy was no fun anymore, even in later life when he was getting ready for a night out he had a check list which included checking if he had clean knees.

Life can be cruel, he never forgot this young girl and imagine his surprise when he found out she was a member of Accyweb, could he keep it to himself, his tragic story or should he reminisce with her about how what happened all those years ago changed his life forever.

Cast
Our Hero - Bagpuss
Dark Haired Cutie - Gayle Knight

(I Hope her hubby has clean knees)

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2005, 20:31   #2
God Member

Re: Accy Web Love Story

And now you'll all understand my other thread about apologies.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 20:41   #3
Accy Red

You are forgiven, my broken heart is now mended, I've had that little story taking up brain cells for years it's good that you finally know the truth.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 18-07-2005, 20:46   #4
God Member

OOOhhh has anyone got a tissue that is soooo sweet
Old 18-07-2005, 20:52   #5
white rabbits

hah ,,that is a very moving story,,, i want to share tinks tissues ,,,
Old 18-07-2005, 20:53   #6
God Member

Don't go feeling sorry for him. Ask him what he was doing asking a nine year old girl out on a date.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 20:57   #7
white rabbits

you must have looked so cute and sweet
Old 18-07-2005, 20:57   #8
God Member

He was only 10!
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 21:00   #9
mez
God Member

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweet, sob sob,
Old 18-07-2005, 21:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Don't go feeling sorry for him. Ask him what he was doing asking a nine year old girl out on a date.
Here you are Granny have a tissue shove it up your sleeve incase we get anymore stories of unrequited love appearing.

No don't shatter my little dream Gayle it is sooo sweet aaaaahhh young love !

My lad is nine and he has got himself a pretty little girfriendl called Becki-Anne, shes an absolute sweety, they are at school all day together, she phones him up and they still manage to talk for ages on the phone . I like her now but ask me again in 10 more years if a wedding gets mentioned we'll see if she can still live up to Mummys idea of a perfect daughter-in-law !
Old 18-07-2005, 21:14   #11

ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 18-07-2005, 21:17   #12

Bless.................
Old 18-07-2005, 21:37   #13
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
you must have looked so cute and sweet
She was, for a nine year old she was stunning.

Old 18-07-2005, 21:48   #14
Accy Red

Now I've come clean and I've got clean knees I'm in need of councilling.

Old 18-07-2005, 23:49   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

confession is good for the soul bagpuss.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..