Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Aldi tomorrow 8.12.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you tell em mate......thought i was on the wrong thread..........Women.
Ya cashy men are to alcohol as women are to food
Old 12-12-2011, 14:33   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Anybody would think you lived in Italy
All English food today Jay for me - lunch was Garinda's Ma's Butternut squash and red pepper soup - great for losing weight.

For tonight it's a Shepherd's pie (grey and drizzly today so thought some comfort food was needed.)

Not a whiskey in sight - actually we have a bottle of The Red Grouse in but I don't touch it....

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 18:11   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
All English food today Jay for me - lunch was Garinda's Ma's Butternut squash and red pepper soup - great for losing weight.

For tonight it's a Shepherd's pie (grey and drizzly today so thought some comfort food was needed.)

Not a whiskey in sight - actually we have a bottle of The Red Grouse in but I don't touch it....
I'd love to see a bottle of Red Grouse mobertol didn't realise the Irish made that brand
Old 12-12-2011, 18:43   #79
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
If you have a Bunnahabhain you are obviously an Islay man.
Aye the Bunna's a pleasant enough drop, the gentlest of the Islays, but for a good powerful hit I like the Laphroaig 10 Cask strength or the Quarter cask, also have the standard 10 & a 15, Feis Isle 2009 Cairdeas 12.

A couple of Laddies WMD II yellow submarine, Links series Swilcan bridge & Royal Liverpool "Hoylake", the Laddie Peat & tucked away safe one of the "St.Andrews" bottlings.

An Ardbeg "Uigeadail" cask, Douglas Laing Ardbeg 10 bottled at 50% OMC.

As to the Bunna's, standard 12, Feis Isle 2005 Port wood finish 12, Feis Isle 2006 Pedro ximenez finish 14, both being cask strength & a Toiteach. Bowmores Darkest, Dusk, Cask strength, Surf & Voyage, Douglas laing Bowmore 12 bottled at 50% OMC.

All these & probably a couple I've over looked & we haven't even left the Island yet.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 12-12-2011 at 18:45.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 18:46   #80
God Member

Quote:
I'd love to see a bottle of Red Grouse mobertol didn't realise the Irish made that brand
Oops -at least it proves I don't drink it -just checked -it is of course "The Famous Grouse"

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-12-2011, 18:47   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oops -at least it proves I don't drink it -just checked -it is of course "The Famous Grouse"
Ya but I still think ya missed the point, thus the reason for me mentioning Irish
Old 12-12-2011, 18:49   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye the Bunna's a pleasant enough drop, the gentlest of the Islays, but for a good powerful hit I like the Laphroaig 10 Cask strength or the Quarter cask, also have the standard 10 & a 15, Feis Isle 2009 Cairdeas 12.

A couple of Laddies WMD II yellow submarine, Links series Swilcan bridge & Royal Liverpool "Hoylake", the Laddie Peat & tucked away safe one of the "St.Andrews" bottlings.

As to the Bunna's, standard 12, Feis Isle 2005 Port wood finish 12, Feis Isle 2006 Pedro ximenez finish 14, both being cask strength & a Toiteach. Bowmores Darkest, Dusk, Cask strength, Surf & Voyage, Douglas laing Bowmore 12 bottled at 50% OMC.

All these & probably a couple I've over looked & we haven't even left the Island yet.
Wouldn't get it even if a crate of the stuff hit me on the head!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-12-2011, 18:51   #83
God Member

Quote:
Ya but I still think ya missed the point, thus the reason for me mentioning Irish
Non compos mentis.

I hold my hands up, Jay-am guilty of being in "dumb blonde" mode

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-12-2011, 19:00   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Non compos mentis.

I hold my hands up, Jay-am guilty of being in "dumb blonde" mode
Scotch is spelt Whisky, Irish is spelt Whiskey gedit
Old 12-12-2011, 19:33   #85
God Member

Quote:
Don't have the "Jaysay" patented spell-check on my computer unfortunately...and to be honest had never noticed there was a difference.

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 12-12-2011 at 19:37.
Old 12-12-2011, 20:38   #86
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Don't have the "Jaysay" patented spell-check on my computer unfortunately...and to be honest had never noticed there was a difference.
Once again I was too polite to mention it...

Last time that happened you gave me some karma...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 20:42   #87
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Braggiing again... Wow, I'm impressed. Never heard of most of them but it makes my little collection look pretty pedestrian by comparison. I think my education is somewhat lacking!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 21:30   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thats correct,but since when could paddys spell?
Old 13-12-2011, 08:47   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Nout to do with my spell check mobertol, its all about being a time served boozer
Old 13-12-2011, 08:48   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats correct,but since when could paddys spell?
Exactly, they put the blood E in it didn't they

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..