Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2006, 13:00   #1
I am Banned

all this mess at asda

is the extensive work realy going to be worth it because if things cary on teh way things are doing at asda there wont be anyone left who wants to shop there

so far this week

rotten potatoes
rotten peppers on display for the past 4 days
just opened a very suspect looking packet of steak

teh carpark is a nightmare with no markings for who has right of way so theres always the one idiot that assumes its them by god given right and races along as fast as they can

nothing is where you can find it

if you do find where what you want is supposed to be it isnt in stock

dont wory though theyare selling off old george stock so grab a bargain just dont touch the food

anyone else having a nightmare at accy asda or is it just my sh1t luck again
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2006, 13:02   #2

Re: all this mess at asda

well i went this morning and everything inside looked fresh and happy.....picked up some lovely fruits and veggies...no problems..yeah the car park is still rather annoying, but i thought it always was. people still havent got the hang of this driving lark! and im sure my car actually manages to turn itself invisible at times.....or maybe its just the other drivers who are that busy trying to attent to children or lighting a fag to bother looking....
Old 18-07-2006, 13:04   #3

Haven't been to Asda in years but curious do you think it has gone downhill since it was taken over by WALMART from the states. I have to say I was glad as it now means I can buy George clothes over here, I used to have to wait till I was home to stock up.
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 13:10   #4
I am Banned

thanx for teh heads up , now i know they have some fresh stuff in at last i can go grab me some peppers although for a place that is supposed to make shopping a 1 place visit you would think they would not leave wrinkled withered stock out on display for days on end in teh hope some idiot may buy it

my next full shop/buyin is been done at tescos , asda can kiss my ass goodbye until they get their act together lol it will be worth the 5 mile trip to avoid the chaos on teh carpark and lack of available stock

dont get me wrong i use asda a lot but recent weeks have been diabolical
Old 18-07-2006, 13:14   #5

lol..the only reason i went to asda this morning was to get some milk.....then i decided i was going to be crazy and make soup...so ended up buying loads of veggies.....i normally stick to my local shop.....cant beat small family owned stores.
Old 18-07-2006, 13:24   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
lol..the only reason i went to asda this morning was to get some milk.....then i decided i was going to be crazy and make soup..
as much as i trust you i still maintain that cornflakes taste better with milk on

Quote:
cant beat small family owned stores.
especialy if mummy and daddy own one lol
Old 18-07-2006, 13:32   #7

especialy if mummy and daddy own one lol [/QUOTE]

especially so......i like the roof over my head, i def dont fancy the cardboard box look...its sooo last season
Old 18-07-2006, 13:35   #8
mez
God Member

driving 5 miles to tesco .....have you not tried the one in haslingden then ......will that be 5 miles ....think deisel ..think money .....your usually that way anyway .
Old 18-07-2006, 13:36   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
driving 5 miles to tesco .....have you not tried the one in haslingden then ......will that be 5 miles ....think deisel ..think money .....your usually that way anyway .
I think that's what he means by a five mile round trip Mez!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:06   #10
Beacon of light

I have always found Asda to be very good at customer services.....if I have bought anything that has turned out to be unsatisfactory they have given me a replacement and also a refund (where food is concerned).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:34   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

The car park at Asda is a fiasco at the moment and the fruit and veg is universally bad whichever Asda you visit. I have given up going to Asda until they sort out the car park (don't tell my mum, she works there)..

I went to Tesco at Haslingden last week, the fruit and veg were much better, the car park was quiet and I managed to get all of my shopping whilst not spending any more than usual.

The best place for fruit and veg is Accy market, and that is where I go when I have the time. I got some lovely fresh cherries from the little stall on the inside market yesterday and they were the best I've tasted in a long time........Needless to say, I scoffed the lot..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:36   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
The best place for fruit and veg is Accy market, and that is where I go when I have the time. I got some lovely fresh cherries from the little stall on the inside market yesterday and they were the best I've tasted in a long time........Needless to say, I scoffed the lot..
I bet you puked after. Greedy girl.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:39   #13
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I bet you puked after. Greedy girl.
Nah....I kept em down (plus about 1lb of garden peas which I also shelled and scoffed)..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:43   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Nah....I kept em down (plus about 1lb of garden peas which I also shelled and scoffed)..
Brave is a word best for this. Oh that and pebble dashing.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 14:43   #15
God Member

Siobhan loves chewing on a pea pod!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..