Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2004, 13:44   #1
Beacon of light

Thumbs down Am I the only one .......

Am I the only one out there who is sick to death of 'reality' TV shows????
Especially those like Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity etc.........I can't bear to watch people who have inflated opinions about themselves. I would love to see some really good sitcoms or a good drama series. £110 to watch the kind of drivel that is being served up by all the channels......(though I know that the two I have quoted are both on the commercial channels) seems just a bit steep.

OK.......whingeing session over!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2004, 13:47   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Am I the only one .......

Normally I might agree with you but this series of "Celebrity" has just been soooooo funny with Natalie "I can't do it, I can't do it! Oooh! I touched a tree!"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 14:08   #3
Beacon of light

Oh Noooooooo Willow......she is such a sad wimp....and I only know that because I inadvertently saw a bit of the show while I was waiting for the kettle to boil to make a cuppa......I am so glad I have my PC......I would go mad otherwise.
Old 29-11-2004, 16:03   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I inadvertantly caught about half an hour of it a couple of nights ago. That bandana does nothing for Natalie, it makes her look like Dobby from Harry Potter. I really don't see the attraction in watching a bunch of 'Z-list' has beens trying to revive their careers by eating bugs and not having a decent wash for a fortnight.
Don't get me started on Big Brother. There's nothing more boring than being sat in, watching people being sat in. I thank my lucky stars that I have a life and don't need to watch this dross..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 16:06   #5

I think that those two smug little presenters, Ant and Dec, should be forced to demonstrate EVERYTHING the contestants have to do before they expect them to do it.

Make THEM eat slugs and jump into tanks full of snakes.

That will soon wipe the self satisfied grins off their faces.
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 17:16   #6
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
£110 to watch the kind of drivel that is being served up by all the channels......(though I know that the two I have quoted are both on the commercial channels) seems just a bit steep.

OK.......whingeing session over!
It is not just the commercial channels that are pouring out this drivel. On Saturday tea-time, there was a show on the Beeb which was a karaoke competition for the tone deaf. I fail to see how one of the other channels can stoop lower than this. It was painful and embarrassing to watch.

Apologies, Margaret, for using the volume control, on your quote.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 29-11-2004 at 18:47. Reason: Diabolical spelling.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 18:43   #7
Member.

With you all the way Margaret..........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 18:53   #8
God Member

Hear hear, couldn't agree more. I have better things to do with my time than tune in to what is rapidly becoming a form of Freak Show.
Old 29-11-2004, 19:05   #9
Senior Member+

Sounds like Eastenders to me
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 19:14   #10
Beacon of light

Thank goodness there are a few of us.......I thought I was alone.
And it is OK A-B, don't mind you turning down the volume.......as I said I thought I was alone
Old 29-11-2004, 20:18   #11
Full Member+

Is`nt the tv licence going up to £126?......sorry about that, there goes my karma!!
Old 29-11-2004, 20:59   #12
Beacon of light

You could be right on that one Mick....I have just paid mine though so until next November I won't worry about it
Old 29-11-2004, 21:25   #13
Senior Member+

I think their all great hehehehe
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 21:25   #14
I am Banned

ye i agree smiffy, there good
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 21:39   #15
Resident Waffler

Well Natalie walked out so that's made it far less interesting now. Of course she's a wimp. She's an amazingly unbelievable wimp. I wasn't sure if it was Dobby or Gollum she reminded me of but I think you're right - she's more like Dobby in character as well as appearance.

If she cannot bear to touch things in everyday life which may be dirty and she knows she has a fear of heights what the heck was she doing going in there?

At least reality TV has real (unscripted) situations - and I don't watch soaps at all so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..