Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2004, 19:23   #1
Senior Member+

Help needed.

OK guys and gals I need your help the story so far....... her in doors, the American version, said why dont we send yours sisters familys a voucher for a meal out so they can get togeather and it will be better then sending cash through the post at Christmas.
Ok says I I will research it on the web I have seen on the Accyweb that they have these plastic pubs which are all the same they must have websites where I can buy a gift card or the like.
Well lo and behold I cant find any in the Accy/Ossy/Burnley area, so please, please, pretty please could one you brave souls come to the rescue before I have to ring my gruppy old Dad who will say "dont waste your money son its crap beer and your sister kids will cost you a fortune etc etc and I am to old to go running around Accy looking at pubs tell em to come to the Hapton.
So if some one knows of the web site or even a telephone number where I can get more info I would really appriciate it.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2004, 19:45   #2
I am Band

Re: Help needed.

Try this site, Bazf. All the information you need is contained here: http://www.travelpublishing.co.uk/Hi...e/ilc13865.htm
I hope this is of some use to you.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 28-11-2004 at 19:52.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 06:49   #3
God Member

Hi Bazf. At the risk of sounding sarcastic and or cynical, isn't this sort of thing roughly what all this "Hyndburn as a tourist destination" thing is all about? Have you tried the HBC website and Hyndburnlite? I'm sorry I don't know of anywhere that has a voucher system. Maybe you could ring a couple of places and offer to pay in advance by credit card? Just a suggestion!
Old 29-11-2004, 07:30   #4
God Member

You can get Whitbread leisure vouchers from any Thresher, Brewers Fayre and I believe from their website. Then they have the choice of a meal at either Bentley Wood Farm or The old Mother Redcap or a good bottle of wine or three from Threshers.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2004, 12:31   #5
Senior Member+

Thanks for all your help with your information I contacted whitbread and they gave me this link http://www.leisurevouchers.co.uk/end_ideas_eating.htm maybe some of you may want to use it as it seems an easy way of giving Christmas presents, once again Thanks.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..