Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 19:30   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: An Egg!!

Well, the ducklings hatched out today (was thinking she may have got her foot caught in one of the roots, but seems incubation is 28 days !),
Excitement at work, everybody worried that they may fall off the ledge and quickly rise to the great nest in the sky. Lots of inventive suggestions.

Came out tonight and looks like maintenance have moved the box to lower ground .. aren't some people lovely Just hope those bloody magpies don't get 'em.

Can't wait to see them in the morning .. sorta' got me feeling maternal.

Hope you have another soon Junetta .. at least will be in safe hands when they hatch. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2007, 19:38   #47
Resident Waffler

Good to hear there was a happy solution to your ducks Katex.

Such a shame about your egg June. Hope there'll be another one and a successful birth eventually.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 22:31   #48
Senior Member+

That's lovely Katex. Please get some pics when they start waddling about.

I've left the nest box in place and can only hope. Juanita is still spending most of her day in there, minus Ken egg. I'm off to England on Friday so 'im indoors is in charge for a couple of weeks. Maybe there might be an egg or two whilst I'm away. Fingers crossed!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 17:34   #49
Resting in Peace

Would appear that our new borns are now domiciled in the ex-wages office, complete with water and straw and being fed on 'bread!' .. no, no, no,please don't feed ducks bread ... there are 10 of 'em by the way.

Not sure this is good for them, they surely need the water asap, would think.
Definitely getting strong pong in this office and figure they will have to take up some of the carpet tiles.

Problem is encouraging the mother to walk down the corridor, out through the door, across to the car park into the lodge. She still keeps popping back into the window box (now indoor floor box) as still a couple of eggs in there.
The ducklings don't seem to be able to get back into the box, even though small ramp has been constructed .. 'course, I suppose, ducklings don't have an engineering qualification and understand that this is the way up

Await tomorrow's strategy.

Ducks 1.jpgDucks 2 (1).jpg

Ok .. so haven't quite got me jpegs right .. but you get the idea.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..