Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2004, 17:27   #1
God Member

Animal Rights Protestors = Terrorists

I see the government has just announced an initiative to deal with these terrorist scumgags who have done so much damage over the last few years. Unfortunatly, it's to late and far to little. We should treat this vermin just as we should deal with the likes of Al Quida & how we used to deal with the IRA....if we knew something was or is imminent, let them get on with it then wipe them out. Take no prisoners. No more of this cat-loving, lesbo, vegan nonsense. While we're at it, let's remove the 'R' from the RSPCA...what about replacing the N in the NSPCC instead?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2004, 17:31   #2
Member.

Re: Animal Rights Protestors = Terrorists

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

Last edited by Doug; 30-07-2004 at 22:47.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 17:46   #3

I know these people think that they are fighting a just cause, and maybe they are, but so do many terrorist organistaions around the world. The A.L.F are no different to any terrorist group and as such should be treated no differently.

As for myself I am split between the advancement of medicine and the need for protection of poor 'dumb' creatures who cant speak out for themselves.
Old 30-07-2004, 17:56   #4
God Member

I have to agree in principle with Tealeaf on this. I read a letter in a magazine this week telling of mink which were released by these so-called animal rights protesters in the St.Albans area. I quote from the letter:
"The kill was 330 two-week old ducklings out of 650. What is more upsetting is the disappearance of all the water voles, moorhens and wild duck broods."
These people call themselves animal lovers, do they? All I can say is it's a good job they aren't animal haters.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 18:10   #5
God Member

There is an awful lot of unecessary experimentation on animals and I think that there should be more rigid controls on what is or is not acceptable. Particularly when it comes to testing cosmetics. However I agree with the sentiments previously expressed, terrorism is terrorism, irrespective of whether it is committed by some half witted, religion crazed Arab, or members of our own community. The ALF has brought some appalling excesses to light, though that hardly excuses their behaviour over the last few years.

Extremism is a bad thing no matter what philosophical, moral or religious clothes it chooses to garb itself in.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 18:36   #6
Senior Member+

Why not do the testing on the dregs of society, like people in prison on death row in America. pay back time
Old 30-07-2004, 18:38   #7
Member.

Why not those in our own institutions.............
Old 30-07-2004, 18:44   #8

Bloody hell Janet! Didn't the Nazis do that during (and before) WWII! That is opening up a whole new debate! Interestingly enough though the unethical and totally dispicable Nazi experiments opened up a lot of new advancements so we have been told since.
Old 30-07-2004, 18:55   #9
God Member

And it is the Nazi's we have to thank for encouraging Werner von Braun to make the V2 Rocket, which caused so much damage in this country during the war, but also led to us being able to walk on the moon.

Similarly, would we try to discourage Marie Curie if we met her today? Since it was her pioneering and utterly selfless work that led, ultimately, to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But then again, how many lives have been saved thanks to the medical use of X-rays?
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 18:59   #10
God Member

This is a complex and emotive issue we have touched upon. Here is an excerpt from "The Ecologist" :

Let us suppose that animals do have rights; what follows? Surely, the very least that follows is that it is wrong to kill them, to eat them, to keep them as pets, to make them suffer in any way that is not to their individual benefit – and wrong in just the way that it is wrong to do any of this to a human being. That is what the activists say they believe. But do they really believe it? Are they prepared to say that my attempts to rid my barn of rats are tantamount to mass murder? That people who keep cats are complicitous in serial killing? That my keeping a horse in his stable is a case of false imprisonment? That my digging the garden involves the negligent slaughter of innocent worms, beetles and moles? Which activities involving animals would be permitted, and on what grounds?

Full article here: http://www.theecologist.org/archive_...32&category=88

Old 30-07-2004, 18:59   #11
Senior Member+

My way of thinking is people on death row are going to die anyway, soooo they might serve a useful purpose. Doug, they dont have the death penalty in this country unless it's still in force for treason.Ceejache, dont get me wrong i do not support the Nazi party in any way.
Old 30-07-2004, 19:03   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Bad week then, Tealeaf.....Shoot to kill at any given chance? Why not.
Talking about that, can anyone recommend a good air rifle, accurate to about 15 yards? I'm plagued with my neighbours ferral cats at the moment - they're taking out 2 or 3 birdies a day - so I want something which is powerul, accurate & I can reload within 2/3 seconds, so I can get a second shot in immeadiatly after the first.
Old 30-07-2004, 19:05   #13
God Member

Try the shop a couple of doors up from The Hope and Anchor on Whalley Road

Old 30-07-2004, 19:06   #14
Member.

It is I think Janet. However, the like of those who kill children and old ladies and live at our expense with a play station, sky TV and a small wage each week for there little comforts.......I not suggesting we kill them, I am suggesting they earn there keep.
Old 30-07-2004, 19:12   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
Try the shop a couple of doors up from The Hope and Anchor on Whalley Road
Cheers, Yerself...I'll pop round on tuesday

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..