Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2005, 19:53   #1
God Member

Apologies

Seeing as we all seem to be in a philosophical mood today - must be something to do with not being allowed to moan about Accringon - I wonder if there is anything that has happened in the past that we should apologise for. Things that we perhaps didn't realise had consequences at the time but later found out that someone was hurt or upset about.

For me, I'd have to apologise to a boy, I didn't know I'd hurt his feelings but it would appear that I did. I only found this out much, much, much later. So, I'm sorry.

What about anyone else - want to come to the confessional?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2005, 20:01   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Apologies

I would have to apologise to my daughter.......I said some horrid things when she told me she was expecting her first baby.......and then I did exactly the same again when she told me she was having her second one........so though I WAS sorry for what I said I didn't learn anything. I just don't do babies.
I just hope that there is no chance that she will come and tell me she is having another.......I will have to put my head in the gas oven.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 20:07   #3
I am Banned

ok ok it was me

i farted in the lift

sorry
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 21:12   #4

I'm sorry to both my cats. To Spock for not taking him home and to Mulder for not coming home earlier than I eventually did. Thing is it's now all too late.
Old 18-07-2005, 22:55   #5

I am sorry for not posting weeks ago about the scum who stole my mothers purse in Iceland. Not just for the money the little she had but for the photos of my dad she had in it from when they were courting many years ago. Dad died seven & a half years ago & mum was diagnosed with cancer last November & has endured some awful intrusive treatment in between. The Iceland staff also should be on here apologising too for leaving her to go to my niece who works in Burtons to get the police & report the theft. Sorry for the morbid line folks, but it irritatates the hell out of me to see a 71 yr old treated like this. Thanks anyway to the Burton manager, his staff & Arndale centre staff who tried to look out for her dumped purse with the slight hope of just getting the pics back.
Old 18-07-2005, 23:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
I am sorry for not posting weeks ago about the scum who stole my mothers purse in Iceland. Not just for the money the little she had but for the photos of my dad she had in it from when they were courting many years ago. Dad died seven & a half years ago & mum was diagnosed with cancer last November & has endured some awful intrusive treatment in between. The Iceland staff also should be on here apologising too for leaving her to go to my niece who works in Burtons to get the police & report the theft. Sorry for the morbid line folks, but it irritatates the hell out of me to see a 71 yr old treated like this. Thanks anyway to the Burton manager, his staff & Arndale centre staff who tried to look out for her dumped purse with the slight hope of just getting the pics back.
God, if we caught the scum who did this, what would we do to them??

& would we have to apologise for our actions??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 23:38   #7
Senior Member+

awwwwwwww thats real sad al - did u find the purse?

i'm sorry for lemme see... how long do we have?

i'm sorry for not being active enough to make sure people recieve thier come-uppance.

i'm sorry for not doing more to help people
Old 18-07-2005, 23:40   #8
Senior Member+

that is really sad, i was burgled a couple of years ago, they took my bag. i wasn't worried about the money but my passport was taken and the only photo of me with my mum. it's a horrid thing to happen to her. xxxxxxxx
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 23:43   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i'm sorry i haven't been to the confessional for too long.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:42   #10

No Mani, nothing has ever reappeared. You might have thought that old photo's might have rung some slight bit of common sense that they would be of sentimental value, but more likely that adds to the delight of these vermin.
Old 19-07-2005, 08:46   #11
Give, give, give member

Six months after my Dad died aged fifty one, eleven years ago,I was sorry l was so far away living in London. My Mum had a heart attack all by herself in the middle of the night, and my brother had to call me to say she was in Intensive Care and might die. I was sorry all the way home as l sat on the train that l hadn't looked after my Mum better for my Dad.

For all the daft things l've done in my life that l may have apologised for, l'd rather learn from my mistakes and hopefully not make the same mistake twice. Actions speak louder than empty rhetoric in my book.

Post script. Mum's doing fine, l've moved back, and l'm not at all sorry.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..