Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do we arm the rebels ?
yes 0 0%
no 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2013, 18:58   #46
God Member

Re: are we heading to world war 3

i wasnt concerned about ww3 until i noticed this wasnt a poll

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2013, 19:07   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i wasnt concerned about ww3 until i noticed this wasnt a poll
Well in the original poll 100% who voted said not to arm the rebels, so its only right the Torys ignore em.
Old 26-08-2013, 20:11   #48

Thought this was quite good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 999585_533530063386281_1553325660_n.jpg (20.7 KB, 19 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 16:39   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am inclined to think that the UN weapons experts will find what they are told to find. Dr David Kelly was one of them - and look how he ended up after not toe-ing the line.

David Kelly (weapons expert) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who knows if the rebels arn't funded by CIA in the first place to stir up discontent.
cmonstanley likes this.

Last edited by kestrelx; 27-08-2013 at 16:41.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 06:10   #50
God Member

this country has no money just proves everything the tories are doing is to do with ideology oh well lets just waste billions on bombing a foreign country thousands of miles away we will just blame the last government
Old 28-08-2013, 06:13   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
this country has no money just proves everything the tories are doing is to do with ideology oh well lets just waste billions on bombing a foreign country thousands of miles away we will just blame the last government
Well they would be justified in saying "Well Blair started it"
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 28-08-2013, 16:42   #52
Senior Member+

Syria could be one step on the way to war with Iran - neutralising the threat of Assad; next stop a few years down the line Iran. Look what's happening in Iraq now after removal of Saddam - today 60 killed in Car bombings - your fault Mr Blair?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 18:18   #53
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

are we heading to world war 3

Let's be honest, we are skint, America is skint, the only way we could finance another world war would be by heavy borrowing from the Chinese.

Would they finance such a thing?

To right they would, but at the same time our so called opposition is skint.

They too would have to borrow heavily, from whom?

Well, probably the Chinese, then the winning side would no doubt be expected not just to pay their debts but the debts of the conquered nations.

Who gets world domination without firing a shot?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:23   #54

Stop press.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1238994_633796923321488_478682530_n.jpg (27.8 KB, 6 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 22:04   #55
God Member

this is from may Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times its all suspicious to me I would have said ye the government is stupid but its the William hague bit that's aroused my suspicions and his connections to liam fox also he is a member of conservative friends of Israel

Last edited by cmonstanley; 28-08-2013 at 22:10.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 22:26   #56
God Member

Cameron backs down on urgent Syria strikes - Telegraph is this another u turn
Old 29-08-2013, 07:01   #57
JFT96

Quote:
Seriously......lets see, one minute your using ypur favorite medium, copy paste, to claim the world is about to end, then when cool heads prevail, you use the same to have a dig at the government.
Shame you never did this when your friends were in power, not once

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 07:17   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
As BG says cool heads until the findings of the investigators is published. What's wrong with that?

A point for consideration for those who say " it was the rebels wot done it"
Without question the Assad military has been bombing the rebel enclaves for more than 12 months now with all kinds of ordnance. Fact.
The weapon of choice/delivery system changes but the target remains the same. Would the naysayers and conspiracy advocates have us believe they have been bombarding their own all these months?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 14:04   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
As BG says cool heads until the findings of the investigators is published. What's wrong with that?

A point for consideration for those who say " it was the rebels wot done it"
Without question the Assad military has been bombing the rebel enclaves for more than 12 months now with all kinds of ordnance. Fact.
The weapon of choice/delivery system changes but the target remains the same. Would the naysayers and conspiracy advocates have us believe they have been bombarding their own all these months?
There are a number of possible perpetrators who would gain from destabilising the whole region - Mossad, CIA, AQ, Hezbollah, Iran, Russia, China, Assad & the various rebel factions within Syria. IMHO it is imperative to await the UN Report before any action can be taken.
The photograph of the napalm victim in today's press just doesn't look right, neither do the newsreel scenes of victims of Chemical (Nerve Gas) attacks.
Old 29-08-2013, 14:19   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
There are a number of possible perpetrators who would gain from destabilising the whole region - Mossad, CIA, AQ, Hezbollah, Iran, Russia, China, Assad & the various rebel factions within Syria. IMHO it is imperative to await the UN Report before any action can be taken.
The photograph of the napalm victim in today's press just doesn't look right, neither do the newsreel scenes of victims of Chemical (Nerve Gas) attacks.
Points well made Barrie.

The Joint Intelligence Committee's findings meanwhile are:

The sheer number of images could not have been forged.

The victims symptoms are consistent with exposure to Sarin.

The scale of attack would require artillery and aircraft available only to the Assad regime and not to the rebels.

IMHO That's an expert judgement from people better placed and qualified than me.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..