Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 18:08   #1

Arrest?

CNN are saying there has been an arrest in Leeds with regard to the recent bombings. Can anyone confirm that, or has anyone heard anything more than that?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2005, 18:22   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Arrest?

have heard that army and police did raids in leeds but not sure if they got anybody
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 18:25   #3

1 person arrested in Bradford, West Yorkshire and 3 Suspected bombers killed (possibly suicide bombers) fourth still not found but possible still in picadilly line
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 18:28   #4
Resting in Peace

thanks for the update will have to get news on telly later. lets hope that there are no more bombings and that they catch whoever did what they did last thurs
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 18:33   #5

Try this link. Its NTL news page. I hope it helps

http://www.ntlworld.com/news/story_u...toryid=2987294
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 18:34   #6
Beacon of light

According to the news tonight a controlled explosion was carried out in a Leeds suburb about 1300hrs today.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 18:35   #7
God Member

The BBC has this timeline of todays investigations...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676225.stm
Old 12-07-2005, 20:13   #8

Thank you for the links and information.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:25   #9
Roy
Administrator

According to the sites I have read the bombings where carried out by BRITISH BORN men. These are people who where born in Britain, went through the british education system, where probably given benefits or even supported and helped by the british government. But yet, due to religion or some other motive decided to ATTACK the country they should have had allegiance to. Is there a cancer in our midst?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 23:28   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

theres certainly something in our midst,hope all the P.C.brigade can sleep at night,still there probably to DUMB to realise.
Old 13-07-2005, 07:08   #11
Resident Waffler

Cancer is a very good analogy Roy. There's one sure way to get rid of cancer and that isn't by ignoring it, pretending it isn't there, treating it like the rest and hoping it will go away of its own accord.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 07:13   #12
I am Banned

well to get rid of cancer you have to cut out a bit of the good flesh around it to be sure you get all the cancer

dare we upset our so called minority group to stamp out terrorists/traitors

personaly i cant see it happening

my guess is some P.C brigade loony will declare britain safe and the threat eliminated then another city will be bombed

surely it cant be too hard to find these traitors they were all sat in the streets attending street prayers held by the guy with hooks for hands ime pretty sure theres plenty of video showing who attended his meetings

ime not saying get rid of all muslims etc but what i am saying is that if it means entering mosques that are known to be hiding these people or holding their meetings then if it means upseting a few people by entering and searching these mosques then so be it

Last edited by chav1; 13-07-2005 at 08:42.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 11:15   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

at the end of the day the bombs were indiscriminate(moslems died also) i would hope that the decent ones,and i think there are many would not object to such raids providing they are carried out with respect for them,or am i being nieve?
Old 13-07-2005, 12:39   #14
I am Banned

what i will never understand is how they manage to get a teenager and convince them to blow themselves up

i could understand somone in say afghanistan who is poor and uneducated to do it but to convince a person born in the uk with a college degree and lots to live for is beyond reason

peopel say its brain washing but that stuff is for the weak minded and someone with a good eductaion and a loving family dosnt strike me as somone who is weak minded
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2005, 12:46   #15
Give, give, give member

Although l'm not excusing suicide bombers, beliefs can be very strong force.

People that decide to do work with highly contagious diseases are also putting themselves at risk of death, though admitedly not as high a risk as suicide bombers.

As for encouraging teens to do it, well it keeps them off the streets.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..