Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2009, 19:15   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Baxenden girl needs £1,500 to save attacked cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems to me that munizas letting pity override common sense.
seems to me she got off her backside and did something with purpose, with the right intention, which is contrary to what a lot of young men and women of her age group get upto..i.e going out,getting drunk,locking lips with the first like minded individual they see (or multiple like minded people in the same evening, and repeating the exercise the following week. i wouldnt suggest that its not all individuals around her age..just the majority.
rucksackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2009, 19:18   #62
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er...you could try asking the parents of the baby killed by two dogs last week if they agree with your view.
Garinda..your comment is out of context..the subject of this discussion is a cat. If you cant diffrentiate between a cat and a dog (taking into consideration the various breeds of dog), maybe best you ask mama and papa what the difference between woof woof and meeow is.
Old 18-02-2009, 19:21   #63
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
By the way welcome to Accy Web, and I'm sorry your cat didn't survive.

Humans are no different from other animals, some are vicous, and some aren't.

That's all that was meant by my previous post.
it concerns me you have the outlook that humans are no diffrent to animals?? major concern this, mama and papa, its time to ring social services..something has gone seriously wrong!!!!
Old 18-02-2009, 19:24   #64
Senior Member+

why doesnt anyone know how to MULTI-QUOTE!!!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 19:33   #65
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
As a huge animal lover myself i find your comment rather rude.Some people are very selfish! yes they are and you know why its because they fear the pain and loss of loosing a much loved family pet all to much.selfish in not knowing its time to kindly let your pet be put out of its pain and be Euthenized its the last gift we can do for them,we cannot do this for humans who are far to poorly to carry on.
I know the costs of owning a sick animal vets are not cheap im lucky mine are insured,i like my animals to have quality of life and if the quality is no longer there well im afraid its time to be brave and say goodbye.
People say oh its only a dog/cat yes it is to them.to me they are my world but if i cannot aford to pay a vet bill i cannot afford to keep a animal

dear polly the animal lover (have to be careful their..that statement can be misconstrued and you wouldnt want the police knocking at your door!!) the initial diagnosis at the vets was that the hip was badly broken, the nerves were intact..hence it was a matter of reconstructing the hip.unfortunately..muniza was foolish in taking the vets word for this and should just have asked tiddles to be put to sleep..obviously the best course of action, just kill the cat, its what he would have wanted? infortunately as a student in full time education..she decided it would be the best course of action based on this prognosis to try and raise money for an operation. true, shes at fault having not had a policy of pet insurance in place..as before its a matter of individuals casting judgement and making comments without establishing the facts. muniza was 10 yearsold when she took the cat in..hindsight is a wonderful thing..but through the years the cat was well looked after until its demise. the lesson of pet insurance has been learnt..but dont criticise someones belief or action when they do their hardest to preserve a life, even a cat one at that, when the professsional advice given is that it is a simple matter of an operation and letting father time work his magic.
Old 18-02-2009, 19:35   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucksackman View Post
dear accyman.

can i first say i salute u,having raised money for 2 charities last year. well done you, you ignorant, arrogant,narrow minded and pea brained individual. i would suggest in the future you establish the facts before you pass comment or make judgemment. unfortunately, not all 10 year olds are aware of the ins and outs of pet insurance. I would suggest its the intention which is what counts..having looked after a cat from the age of 10,which was deserted by his owners she took the wrong course of action having cared and looked after it over a course of 7 years. Instead of raising awareness of cruelty to animals and donating the proceeds to animal charities who look after pets which have been mistreated or abused..after her cat died..maybe she should go down to her local, get smashed and suggest its what he would have wanted followed by a night on the tiles? i pity you..rucksack man says i leave you my rucksack which goes boom boom! because i for one shant miss your drivel x
you come on here with an e-mail address like yours n call accyman ignorant etc n pea brained etc, i'm sure people that lost families n relatives think yer really intelligent n thoughtful,
Old 18-02-2009, 19:37   #67
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I agree with every thing you've said Polly, just before Christmas my other half had to have her Dalmatian put to sleep, the poor thing had developed an incurable kidney disease. The vet said that she would only have a few months to live and that it wouldn't be a very pleasant time, so she had her put to sleep there and then, even though it was heartbreaking. The vet said that she had made the correct decision as in the same circumstances he would have done the same

jaysay the lemming, please read the reply to polly. Advice: establish fact, then come to a conclusion. Vets initially suggested no nerve or organ damage, just a very bad break of the hip which could be rectified via cage rest or if possible an operation.
Old 18-02-2009, 19:44   #68
Junior Member+

Quote:
you come on here with an e-mail address like yours n call accyman ignorant etc n pea brained etc, i'm sure people that lost families n relatives think yer really intelligent n thoughtful,
Have i rattled your cage? if you make an ass um ption, you make an ass out of yourself. establish fact my boy
Old 18-02-2009, 19:46   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Have i rattled your cage? if you make an ass um ption, you make an ass out of yourself. establish fact my boy
i have n you are a prat
Old 18-02-2009, 19:47   #70
God Member

Quote:
Can't see you lasting long on here cherub.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 19:54   #71
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think so Neil ..unusual name.

Did you not read the Observer this week, unfortunately, the poor little thing had to be put down.. operation a success, but the patient died sort of situation.

Sorry Muniza... x
pardon me..it maybe i need a visit to specsavers..or u did indeed make the comment above (ive put it in bold the kind individual that i am) . i was taught at school..unusual is something which is not the norm..maybe something diffrent. My comment was in relation to that wee highlighted bit at the top if you still cant see it, please advise me, i shall increase the font size further.
Old 18-02-2009, 19:54   #72
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Can't see you lasting long on here cherub.

not my intention sweetheart x
Old 18-02-2009, 19:56   #73
Junior Member+

Quote:
i have n you are a prat
another assumption. Never mind, must have attended retard school
Old 18-02-2009, 19:58   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda..your comment is out of context..the subject of this discussion is a cat. If you cant diffrentiate between a cat and a dog (taking into consideration the various breeds of dog), maybe best you ask mama and papa what the difference between woof woof and meeow is.
The thread is about a cat, my comments were in reply to someone who mentioned pets, i.e. non-species specific.

I have no great desire to debate the point with you, as the threats of violence you've made to a member of this forum are against it's rules, and will most probably result in a permenant ban.

Suicide bombings aren't at all amusing, as I'm sure the family of the Oswaldtwistle woman who died in the 7/7 bombings will tell you.

Goodbye.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 20:02   #75
Give, give, give member

I do hope it's not the poor sap's brother, as otherwise the standard of education is woefully failing, and certainly isn't worth the bus fare to Clitheroe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..