Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2009, 19:21   #46
Junior Member+

Question Re: Baxenden girl needs £1,500 to save attacked cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I think you have just started to dig yourself a hole!!......

why do you say that
muniza is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2009, 19:34   #47
Junior Member+

Re: Baxenden girl needs £1,500 to save attacked cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I think you have just started to dig yourself a hole!!......

i disagree
muniza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 20:17   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniza View Post
For your information the cat wasnt in constant pain at that time, he was on medication. When a human being is prescribed drugs we dont quickly put them down do we?? some people are so selfish!!!
Are you the owner of the cat?

Welcome to AccyWeb by the way.
Old 15-02-2009, 20:43   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Are you the owner of the cat?
Think so Neil ..unusual name.

Did you not read the Observer this week, unfortunately, the poor little thing had to be put down.. operation a success, but the patient died sort of situation.

Sorry Muniza... x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 01:49   #50
God Member

Quote:
thats so immature! its people like this that let society down!! we have the NHS to take care of us, what do animals have?? the cat was dumped on me and i cared enough to look after him.its not my fault people are so vicious. humans can be idiots, as demonstrated here, animals are not, perhaps we should value them over selfish "dumb" people!
people like me let society down ?

well iv raised money for cancer research and darian house in the last year alone so if people like me give our time for WORTHY causes and not WASTE money on some verminous cat because its owner seems to think its everyone elses duty to pay her vet bill then im glad to be one of those lettin society down

dont wory though theres plenty of half brained idiots like yourself out there that will feel sympathy for your cat and put their hands in their pockets for the scrounger with an ill pet

edit:

just noticed its dead

good

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 02:10   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
people like me let society down ?

well iv raised money for cancer research and darian house in the last year alone so if people like me give our time for WORTHY causes and not WASTE money on some verminous cat because its owner seems to think its everyone elses duty to pay her vet bill then im glad to be one of those lettin society down

dont wory though theres plenty of half brained idiots like yourself out there that will feel sympathy for your cat and put their hands in their pockets for the scrounger with an ill pet

edit:

just noticed its dead

good
I always thought you were a big fan of pussy

Last edited by Neil; 16-02-2009 at 02:15.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 04:25   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I always thought you were a big fan of pussy
not of the kind that needs medical attention

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 04:45   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
not of the kind that needs medical attention
I think that is a matter of opinion
Old 16-02-2009, 07:48   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems to me that munizas letting pity override common sense.
Old 16-02-2009, 08:21   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
people are so vicious....animals are not
Er...you could try asking the parents of the baby killed by two dogs last week if they agree with your view.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 08:28   #56
Give, give, give member

By the way welcome to Accy Web, and I'm sorry your cat didn't survive.

Humans are no different from other animals, some are vicous, and some aren't.

That's all that was meant by my previous post.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 20:33   #57

Quote:
For your information the cat wasnt in constant pain at that time, he was on medication. When a human being is prescribed drugs we dont quickly put them down do we?? some people are so selfish!!!
As a huge animal lover myself i find your comment rather rude.Some people are very selfish! yes they are and you know why its because they fear the pain and loss of loosing a much loved family pet all to much.selfish in not knowing its time to kindly let your pet be put out of its pain and be Euthenized its the last gift we can do for them,we cannot do this for humans who are far to poorly to carry on.
I know the costs of owning a sick animal vets are not cheap im lucky mine are insured,i like my animals to have quality of life and if the quality is no longer there well im afraid its time to be brave and say goodbye.
People say oh its only a dog/cat yes it is to them.to me they are my world but if i cannot aford to pay a vet bill i cannot afford to keep a animal
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 09:31   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
As a huge animal lover myself i find your comment rather rude.Some people are very selfish! yes they are and you know why its because they fear the pain and loss of loosing a much loved family pet all to much.selfish in not knowing its time to kindly let your pet be put out of its pain and be Euthenized its the last gift we can do for them,we cannot do this for humans who are far to poorly to carry on.
I know the costs of owning a sick animal vets are not cheap im lucky mine are insured,i like my animals to have quality of life and if the quality is no longer there well im afraid its time to be brave and say goodbye.
People say oh its only a dog/cat yes it is to them.to me they are my world but if i cannot aford to pay a vet bill i cannot afford to keep a animal
I agree with every thing you've said Polly, just before Christmas my other half had to have her Dalmatian put to sleep, the poor thing had developed an incurable kidney disease. The vet said that she would only have a few months to live and that it wouldn't be a very pleasant time, so she had her put to sleep there and then, even though it was heartbreaking. The vet said that she had made the correct decision as in the same circumstances he would have done the same
Old 18-02-2009, 18:57   #59
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think so Neil ..unusual name.

Did you not read the Observer this week, unfortunately, the poor little thing had to be put down.. operation a success, but the patient died sort of situation.

Sorry Muniza... x
unfortunately tiddles had nerve damage around his bladder and a ruptured urethra which the vets initially failed to notice..so regardless of the hip being successfully operated on, he had to be put to sleep. 'Muniza' unusual name? obviously its unusual because its not david, mark, paul,anne,sue or rebecca. maybe we should ask her to change it by deed to something more common like...Bin laden?
rucksackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 19:05   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucksackman View Post
'Muniza' unusual name? obviously its unusual because its not david, mark, paul,anne,sue or rebecca. maybe we should ask her to change it by deed to something more common like...Bin laden?
Rucksackman ... no offence meant by this remark; can't understand where you are coming from here. Was just trying to establish that this was the lady who owned the cat that is all...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..