Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 16:11   #16
I am Banned

Re: BBC to increase TV licence fee

It also amazes me that if you dont pay the tv licence you get fined then possible jail term but means you cant own a tv without a licence grrr
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2005, 17:06   #17

In this day and age the licence should be scrapped. All the other channels manage to put on, in the main, good quality programmes without us being under threat of prison so why can't the beeb
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 17:10   #18
God Member

The beeb work for its money has about as much chance as me finding gold while siting at work. They think it is right to charge us what they like. We are not customers just a cash cow.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 22:16   #19
God Member

They are doing a rebranding exercise at the minute - theyre getting rid of the dancers etc because its so last year! Thats why they want the money!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 22:19   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
The beeb work for its money has about as much chance as me finding gold while siting at work. They think it is right to charge us what they like. We are not customers just a cash cow.
Maybe they should do without..........guess whats on the box now ..... a repeat you can get on ukgold men behaving badly errrr so does this mean ive paid double probably several times over
Old 12-10-2005, 22:21   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
They are doing a rebranding exercise at the minute - theyre getting rid of the dancers etc because its so last year! Thats why they want the money!
If they wanna re- brand they should use their own money not ours blaming pathetic just for a few secs of people bouncing about
Old 12-10-2005, 22:32   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
If they wanna re- brand they should use their own money not ours blaming pathetic just for a few secs of people bouncing about
More money than sense they need a reality check.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 22:40   #23
I am Banned

I wonder what they'd do if nobody paid it - shove us all in prison
Old 12-10-2005, 22:44   #24
Give, give, give member

Tonights offering from the Beeb-

Two and a half hours of football, for which they out bid eveyone else to show it.

Followed by two repeated 'comedies'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 22:58   #25
white rabbits

i like the bbc news ,and north west news ,better than itv, cant think of anything else off hand ..
Old 12-10-2005, 23:12   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's time to scrap the license fee. If the BBC cant survive on advertising then they can go bust. It's simple to me.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 23:21   #27
Member.

I don’t object to paying for a licence if it curtails the shear number of repeats, game shows and bloody East Enders and the like.. Higher quality programming can only come at a cost and if we are to maintain advert free enjoyment why not. I was done £500 quid for not having a licence 18 years ago.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 23:26   #28
Give, give, give member

They advertise their own programmes now, and we have crap like Men Behaving Badly for the umpteenth time.

It's like paying a shopping tax, with all the money going just to Marks and Spencers, even if you just shop at ASDA.

I would gladly support some old biddy who went to prison for non payement of the licence fee as a protest.

Old 12-10-2005, 23:29   #29
God Member

Some buisness colonic irigation is need with this lot as they are more bunged up than the M25

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-10-2005, 23:33   #30
Give, give, give member

If the Tories had any sense, and wanted to attract some support, they would issue a statement saying they would make the BBC self funding.

After all they are supposed to be the party that believes in free enterprise, and they privatised every other nationalised industry.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..