Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2011, 18:25   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Best Cafe in Ramsbottom

The landlord of the Masons in Walsden took over the Railway at Subbins many years ago but got bashed about a bit one night by the local hooligans. He moved out and took a pub in Bury.
Ramsbotton is a busy place nowadays with the East Lancs railway drawing the crowds in, as you can see by the photo.

I had my dinner today in the chippy and as usual enjoyed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg East Lancs (105).jpg (326.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 28-08-2011, 23:55   #32

whats all this elbow stuff all of a sudden? Now everyone has heard of Guy Garvey !! ..ive met him twice.ive Followed elbow for a decade..now they too big for me thanks .Elbows 'cast of thousands' album has the names on the album titles of people who saw them at glastonbury 2007.. my names on that cover ' TWICE ' only name on it twice as well...Ive told guy or 'sloopy chin' garvey this.He's names only on it once !! ,as singer. mines on it twice !!
Old 'Sloopy chin' is a top top bloke though and also produces bands like 'i am kloot' etc from elbows owned blueprint studio

i thank you ha

Last edited by spignific; 28-08-2011 at 23:59.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 08:46   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
whats all this elbow stuff all of a sudden? Now everyone has heard of Guy Garvey !! ..ive met him twice.ive Followed elbow for a decade..now they too big for me thanks .Elbows 'cast of thousands' album has the names on the album titles of people who saw them at glastonbury 2007.. my names on that cover ' TWICE ' only name on it twice as well...Ive told guy or 'sloopy chin' garvey this.He's names only on it once !! ,as singer. mines on it twice !!
Old 'Sloopy chin' is a top top bloke though and also produces bands like 'i am kloot' etc from elbows owned blueprint studio

i thank you ha
I had never heard of Elbow until earlier this year.......I happened on them by accident.
So while they might have been known to you for a decade, there are others like me who have only just discovered them.
My sister and her husband were going to pubs where they played over a decade ago...they(my sis and her old man) lived in Rammy then........Now they are in Oz...I happened to mention Guy Garvey and was shocked to hear that she knew of them all that time ago....didn't rave about them, just liked some of the pubs they played in.

Consider yourself lucky!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 10:04   #34

Thanks Derek

"The Village Chippy" 252 Bolton Road North, Stubbins, Ramsbottom, BL0 0NG | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

"The Village Chippy" 252 Bolton Road North, Stubbins, Ramsbottom, BL0 0NG | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:11   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
there's the chocolate shop cafe at the traffic lights,but personally i just go to the chip shop with sit down cafe on the road to train station.

"Taylors" (Fish & Chip Shop) 30 Bridge Street, Ramsbottom, Bury
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3257.jpg (533.9 KB, 2 views)
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..