Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2007, 15:14   #1
God Member

Beverley Allitt

News of the World

It was in the paper today that Beverley Allitt,the child killer nurse,could soon be free despite serving just 14 years of her thirteen life sentences.When she was sentenced in 1993 the judge said 'There is no real prospect that the time will ever come when you could safely be released'.But following a change in the law in 2003,minimum terms must now be set.A retired judge has predicted that her minimum tarriff will be set at 20 years.If this is the case, then having already served more than half of that sentence, she could be eligible for parole now and out on the streets within months.The mother of one of the children murdered by Beverley Allitt said 'This makes a mockery of what the judge said when he sentenced Allitt.' I'm inclined to agree with the mother.
What do you all think of this change around?Should she be considered for parole or should the sentence she was originally given still stand?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2007, 16:22   #2
God Member

Re: Beverley Allitt

what a load of *****x, its all to do with money and the government, she should of been killed when she did what she did, i doubt she'll live long when she comes out anyway
Old 22-07-2007, 19:25   #3

I read this too. She should never be paroled life should mean life. It's absolutely disgraceful, cases like these makes me feel as though they should bring back hanging.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 20:15   #4

Doesn't this sound like scare mongering, surely a minimum sentence is what it says?
Otherwise it is treated as a normal sentence and becomes a maximum.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 22:05   #5
Resident Waffler

Quote:
A retired judge has predicted
It may be that conclusions are being prematurely jumped to.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 22:09   #6
God Member

Eligible for parole is not quite the same as automatic release.
Old 22-07-2007, 22:11   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It may be that conclusions are being prematurely jumped to.
Possibly Willow.The papers trying to whip up a media panic perhaps?Can't see her getting a 20 year minimum tarriff myself.She murdered 4 children.Ian Huntley murdered 2 and he got a minimum of 50 years.

Last edited by Lilly; 22-07-2007 at 22:14.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 23:16   #8

yes i agree life should be life or they should bring in the eletric chiar and the prision,s would not be as full as they are.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..