Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2008, 19:47   #16
God Member

Re: Biggy shoe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Is the 'Biggy Shoe' sold on 'Pender Lil', or in 'Knotty Nil?
In Accrington it's actually called Biggy Shoe Darlin
Old 18-11-2008, 20:12   #17
God Member

I don't go out of my way when I'm in town to find her but if i'm passing her by I get one.

But I'll bet that surprises no one.

I read them as well - quite often there are interesting articles plus usually a good competition or two.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 20:35   #18
God Member

I used to always buy the Big Issue from the lady on Broadway but stopped because they always smelled really bad resulting in me not reading it and wondering where they'd been to smell that bad. It is a while since I last bought one though and will give it another go another reason for me is I dont like to get my purse out on the street so will have to remember to put some change in my pocket.
Old 18-11-2008, 20:38   #19
Senior Member+

the big issue chap in burnley dresses up as santa and sings 'big issue big issue' to the tune of jingle bells

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 21:12   #20
Resting in Peace

I don't buy them : however I was really mad last year when the busker with the little dog. got moved on ? he is a very good musician but no "Not allowed " but its ok to sell the Bigger Shoe Darlin....
I have seen the one from Blackburn who's stand's outside Marks, she is from Stockport comes up every day on the train... she was sat across from me on the train counting her cash: We arrived at Manchester she was met by a man... who was driving a new car: say no more:
I really don't feel these people are genuine :
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 13:43   #21
God Member

Has anyone seen her lately..............? i was in town today and could`nt believe my eyes.she was dressed as santa and singing her interpretation of jingle bells and doing a roaring trade......................hats off to the laydeee
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 14:04   #22

It would seem that they have learnt a new marketing method.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 15:04   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Has anyone seen her lately..............? i was in town today and could`nt believe my eyes.she was dressed as santa and singing her interpretation of jingle bells and doing a roaring trade......................hats off to the laydeee
not as good as the burnley chap...he has his own facebook fan club lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 16:59   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
She was doing much better on Tuesday too.

Her dressing up seems to have paid off.

Good for her.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 17:20   #25
JFT96

Good, glad to see she is selling some more. I always try to get a copy of the Big Issue when I can, last Xmas, we were doing our shopping in Manchester, there was a guy outside Mark's bought a copy, asked him if he had eaten that day, he said he hadn't, so went to the food section got him a sandwich, cake and some juice. I will be doing the same this year as I come home on Tuesday for Christmas and need to go to Manchester to get my girl a pressie

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 17:45   #26
God Member

Bought it a few times over here . dont mind supporting them. Our lad over here does the santa thing too.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..