Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 11:13   #121
God Member

Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

A penal colony in space would be an answer.

.....but (allegedly) ETs consider Earth is just that already (for the evil souls of the universe)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2013, 11:57   #122
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
A penile column
Is what got them in bother in the first place!

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 08-05-2013 at 12:02.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11   #123
I am Banned

... just pipping Ken Barlow, Kevin Webster, Stuart Hall and Fred Talbot as the top attacker in Manchester......Robin Van Persie scrapes in with 25 nets
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16   #124
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
... just pipping Ken Barlow, Kevin Webster, Stuart Hall and Fred Talbot as the top attacker in Manchester......Robin Van Persie scrapes in with 25 nets
RVP has just texted me " What about Eddy Shah?"
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 13:40   #125
God Member

Not guilty ... and it seems like, given the "evidence" that this is a fair verdict. I'm wondering how this might affect the other cases in progress. Seems like similiar accusastions are making the news over here ... though it seems like they are starting off at the bottom of the barrel.

Phillip Nolan, drummer in Stephen Harper's band, charged with sexual assault - Ottawa - CBC News

By the way, what do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians? Answer: A drummer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:07   #126
Beacon of light

I think a case like this is always going to be difficult to prove......no forensic evidence...only the say-so of the people involved...and just because he was acquiited doesn't mean that he didn't do it - only that there was not enough evidence to convince the jury.

We have to remember that he is an ACTOR by trade and used to assuming a role.
The women who gave evidence against him could have been telling the truth.
Memory is a funny thing......traumatic events can be compartmentalised as a coping mechanism.
The guy has always 'creeped me out'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:12   #127
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The guy has always 'creeped me out'.
Good job you weren't on the jury then, personal prejudice doesn't make good judicial decisions.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:17   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I will never be convinced of his innocence, I find it very odd that cast members are allowed to speak up fer him in court, That has no bearing at all as to wether he was guilty or not to me, But many of the public are soap fans some even fanatics, n the jury are members of the public n could easily be influenced by some of their favourite stars imho.
Old 07-02-2014, 14:26   #129
God Member

I'm glad Bill Roache has been cleared - now he can get back to work & take that damn pooch for a walk, poor thing only ever gets as far as the front step with Deidre looking after it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:38   #130
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Good job you weren't on the jury then, personal prejudice doesn't make good judicial decisions.
No, you are right Less and had I been selected for jury service I would have confessed my prejudice.
Old 07-02-2014, 14:38   #131

A difficult task to secure a conviction but he got away with it in my view. Hope he retires to 'spend more time with his family'.

Last edited by davebtelford; 07-02-2014 at 14:45.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:44   #132
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, you are right Less and had I been selected for jury service I would have confessed my prejudice.
Not to worry, I'd have had to sit on the side lines as well, my prejudice is possibly as strong as yours, I don't like soaps or their so called stars.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 14:45   #133
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
, I find it very odd that cast members are allowed to speak up fer him in court, That has no bearing at all as to wether he was guilty or not to me
I agree entirely Cashy. This verdict means that those who spoke out against him are going to be considered liars.

I have aboslutely no respect for any man who trumpets in the press about his sexual conquests.
There must be many men out there who have had varied personal lives, but have(out of respect for themselves and the women involved) kept quiet about it.
Why would these women, who by now are in their sixties come forward with stories like this...be harangued in court put themselves through the experience...and some people will say it is for money - I don't think there is enough money on the planet that would make me do something like this.
Having to re-tell a traumatic experience is like living it all over again.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 07-02-2014, 15:06   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I will never be convinced of his innocence, I find it very odd that cast members are allowed to speak up fer him in court, That has no bearing at all as to wether he was guilty or not to me, But many of the public are soap fans some even fanatics, n the jury are members of the public n could easily be influenced by some of their favourite stars imho.
Lucky for all of us that the question of guilt or innocence is not based on public opinion, or what folks read in the Daily Mail ... I like that paper; you really don't need to be able to read. One can figure things out from the pictures And, in cases such as these, character witnesses are the norm. Having read about the trial and the verdict, like him or not, I could not have voted "guilty" had I been on the jury.

I feel kinds sorry for PM Harper's drummer ... lots of Canadians will probably like it if he is found guilty, not because of who he is or what he is accused of, but because Stephen Harper is disliked by millions of us over here. And any scandal surrounding him will be happily gobbled up.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 15:16   #135
Beacon of light

There has been extensive coverage of the case by all of the media.....and my opinions are formulated from a variety of sources.
My personal prejudice of the man has also some influence over how I feel about the man and the verdict.....and of course, there really could be no other verdict.....purely because there was only abstract evidence.
The man himself knows the truth and will have to live with his conscience......and he believes that your ill deeds follow you.....and he has to live with that thought too.
Karma (of the appropriate kind) to him!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..