Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 13:02   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Bill Roach latest 'star'to be arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
in a court system where a victims evidence was thrown out because it was too convincing...
Please elaborate.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2013, 13:05   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Please elaborate.
last year a femal victim who was mugged was told that her evidence was to condeming to the accused and her evidence was thrown out by teh judge

i will try to find it on google but im pretty sure others will remember it as it was a big topic on here

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 13:08   #93
God Member

here you go.Sorry its teh sun but it made all teh papers not just the sun

'Perfect witness' just too good | The Sun |News

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 03-05-2013, 13:29   #94
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Common sense says not, an example I read while looking this up was, imagine abortion to become illegal, would everyone who has had an abortion or taken part be prosecuted. Most, if not all of us has done something in the past that is now illegal, travelling in a car without wearing seatbelt is a good example.
Depends on who's common sense, using an emotive subject such as abortion is extreme, even the unfortunate women that 'miscarry' will in technical terms have aborted!

Then again something as simple as a seat belt, is not a good example, like everything in life, these things happen.

Smoking illegally, wearing or not wearing a seat belt or even 'legally removing a child from your own body' cannot be used as examples compared to removing another persons childhood even IF they are willing partners, (I do have a proviso in this, if the child for example became pregnant by the actions of a child of the same age, should they both be condemned by society? God, back then in puberty just about everyone wanted to...).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:06   #95
Senior Member+

Odd how not so long ago he was claiming that sex abuse victims were getting karma for past lives...now looks like he's getting a bit of the old karma for his sins.

Coronation Street Ken Barlow actor Bill Roache causes fury by claiming sex abuse victims are punished for sins in past lives - Mirror Online

The problem with this karma argument is - that millions of kids starve every year - now if that is karma?, then what life where they in before to get this karma - if the population was much less even a few 100 years ago. Basically there arn't enough life times to get all this so-called karma!

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-05-2013 at 16:10.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:12   #96
Resting in Peace

Its a good job we this ain't in the good old US of A all these cases would fall on the Statute of Limitations, only murder has no limit on when charges can be brought against an accused. Well that's my understand, although there could be other instances, which I'm unaware of
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:53   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Depends on who's common sense, using an emotive subject such as abortion is extreme, even the unfortunate women that 'miscarry' will in technical terms have aborted!

Then again something as simple as a seat belt, is not a good example, like everything in life, these things happen.

Smoking illegally, wearing or not wearing a seat belt or even 'legally removing a child from your own body' cannot be used as examples compared to removing another persons childhood even IF they are willing partners, (I do have a proviso in this, if the child for example became pregnant by the actions of a child of the same age, should they both be condemned by society? God, back then in puberty just about everyone wanted to...).
You`re absolutely right Less, I need to word my posts more carefully on such a sensitive issue. I was of course referring to induced abortions. Not trying to start a debate on it either, just a point that if some people had there way it would be illegal.
Old 03-05-2013, 21:33   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
here you go.Sorry its teh sun but it made all teh papers not just the sun

'Perfect witness' just too good | The Sun |News
Sorry Accyman, only just got round to reading that story. Utterly disgusting.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:04   #99
God Member

they way things are going prisons are going to have the best panto's ever this xmas
westendlass likes this.

Old 04-05-2013, 16:41   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Degree of decency my arse, Hes just after a lighter sentence. I watched his denial a few months back.
I tend to agree - your are not alone in thinking that.
This blog adds detail to the 'rape' allegation.

Stuart Hall: ?Plea Bargain? ? | theneedleblog

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:14   #101
God Member

I was shocked the other night when ITV broadcast the sex offenders register, then i realised it was just rolling the credits at the end of an episode of Coronation Street
cashman and MargaretR like this.

Old 06-05-2013, 15:42   #102
God Member

For those of you who believe that compensation culture contributes to these arrests, I would like you to watch this Australian news bulletin concerning Rolf Harris. The woman was a witness, not a victim, so has nothing to gain.

Rolf Harris 'witness' interviewed - Video - The West Australian - Yahoo!7 News

Old 06-05-2013, 16:37   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
For those of you who believe that compensation culture contributes to these arrests, I would like you to watch this Australian news bulletin concerning Rolf Harris. The woman was a witness, not a victim, so has nothing to gain.

Rolf Harris 'witness' interviewed - Video - The West Australian - Yahoo!7 News

slightly off topic but why did we need to send three police officers to australia to take a written statement surely she could have made a statement to australian police and had it signed and mailed to scotland yard or even a video statement emailed.Just seems a lot of money spent on taking a statement.

Old 06-05-2013, 16:53   #104
God Member

Quote:
slightly off topic but why did we need to send three police officers to australia to take a written statement surely she could have made a statement to australian police and had it signed and mailed to scotland yard or even a video statement emailed.Just seems a lot of money spent on taking a statement.
If that evidence needs presenting in court the testimony of the officers who interviewed may be required.

I would rather our bobbies got a free trip there, instead of Aussie bobbies getting a trip here.

Old 06-05-2013, 17:09   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If that evidence needs presenting in court the testimony of the officers who interviewed may be required.

I would rather our bobbies got a free trip there, instead of Aussie bobbies getting a trip here.

in cases like this if found guilty and if the guilty can afford it they should foot the bill for expenses like this but then that opens up paying for your trial if found guilty for everyone.

or does that come under court costs ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..