Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2005, 18:29   #16

Re: Blackpool

I live in Cleveleys and it's more family friendly there! Blackpool is trying to clean up it's act,but it's gone down the anything goes/stag and hen parties road,it can be a place to see drunks taking a wizz in the street in broad daylight with no attempt to hide the fact to what they are doing,people flat out on the pavement,being sick,I could go on and on,
the place needs to be made to think that for every person it attracts it turns more people away,I'm broad minded but the place is nasty at the moment!

Last edited by wayneyboy1942; 15-05-2005 at 18:31.
wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2005, 19:29   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
Somtimes it cannot be helped, ---.
Ah well -- the not my fault syndrome rears its head again. I would think that most people from this area over the age of say twenty, are well aware of what Blackpool has to offer.

So why go if the items on the "Golden Mile" offend ?

The above not applicable to first time visitors.
THOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2005, 19:57   #18
white rabbits

reminds me of that wonderful episode of only fools and horses ...majic

sorry i should have quoted garinda ,about being washed up with a blow up doll ..

Last edited by grannyclaret; 15-05-2005 at 20:01.
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2005, 20:32   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOTH
Ah well -- the not my fault syndrome rears its head again. I would think that most people from this area over the age of say twenty, are well aware of what Blackpool has to offer.

So why go if the items on the "Golden Mile" offend ?

The above not applicable to first time visitors.

i guess most people still go to salvage what little there is left of blackpool that they experienced as children to share with their own kids

my grandparents took my parents to blackpool and my parents took me just like i take my children to do the things and experience the things as i did as a child and although you can find similar things and do the same things at different resorts they just arnt the same as blackpool somehow
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2005, 20:49   #20
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
my grandparents took my parents to blackpool and my parents took me just like i take my children to do the things and experience the things as i did as a child and although you can find similar things and do the same things at different resorts they just arnt the same as blackpool somehow
i know exactly what you mean ..my grandchildren love the tower and pleasure beach etc..its just not the same any where else ,,and the fish and chips ,,yum..
Old 16-05-2005, 14:13   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOTH
A serious question -- you were obviously aware about the sleaze on display
in that area of Blackpool so why choose to walk in view of it all ?

Its a while since we've been to Blackpool, last time Ellie was too young to notice, this time we thought we'd kept well away but she's very observant, the fact that these items are on display doesn't offend me its just not very family friendly, when infact Blackpool is marketed as a family friendly place.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 15:25   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

WHY should there be large seaside resorts where your not at ease taking children?thats the question that should be asked of modern society.
Old 16-05-2005, 15:42   #23
God Member

I'm a little surprised in reading of this. It would appear to me that the objects described transcend beyond novelty items to sex aids and as such I would assume that shops that sell them would come under the auspices of the laws pertaining to sex establishments. These regulations quite clearly limit the number of such outlets in a locality and also prohibit what can be displayed in public view in the front shop window. Monitoring and control is the responsibility of the local authority.

I can only assume therefore, that Blackpool council are failing in their statutory duties. This is incompetence. I wonder - are they twinned with Hyndburn council?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 16-05-2005 at 15:44.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2005, 15:58   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

having lived in blackpool i think that they are even more incompetant tealeaf i know youll find that hard to believe,but they even prosecute delivery drivers for delivering goods,up north shore, i used to deliver to the grand theatre and you cant park after 10-30 but the theatre don't open while around 11-30,theres no where to park near the place so if you have a heavy delivery-bear in mind you have also to carry it up the stairs as well,you park outside aND RISK A TICKET,i was fortunate but a couple of the other drivers not so.
Old 17-05-2005, 17:43   #25
Resting in peace

Blackpool is and should be a family resort, and blow up dolls (perhaps they are just very sophisticated Lilos, as in Lilo Lil?) should not be on show. They aren't even on show in Soho, because the police enforce the rules.

That said, bit of a wander, one evening late I went into our kitchen. In the flat opposite, I could see a body hanging. Horrified, I called David and asked if we should call the police, just in case it was someone who could be rescued. David said he wasn't keen on the idea, so we wrangled a bit - just then, a light went on in the flat opposite, so I thought well at least somebody knows and can do something.

Am I glad I didn't call anyone - the following morning I looked across - what I had thought was a suicide attempt turned out to be a blow up doll hanging from a hook!!!!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 17:53   #26
land of hope and glory

BLACKPOOL means what its name tells us (its a cess pit) if i go its not by choice,would rather stay away!its dirty,forever having roads/ prom dug up,more cameras than an accy web meeting...lol, dirty pokey hotels/guest houses cheap trash sold on every corner,

would rather go out in the country side any day!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 17:57   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
BLACKPOOL means what its name tells us (its a cess pit) if i go its not by choice,would rather stay away!its dirty,forever having roads/ prom dug up,more cameras than an accy web meeting...lol, dirty pokey hotels/guest houses cheap trash sold on every corner,

would rather go out in the country side any day!

I've only been there twice, but you just sold it to me!

Do you have the names of any of the dirty hotels?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 18:02   #28
land of hope and glory

http://www.iknow-northwest.co.uk/blackpool/
there you go garinda enjoy, i am supposed to be going tomorrow on a freeby to a trade fair even the thoughts of the free beer does not appeal....lol.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 19:57   #29
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Am I glad I didn't call anyone - the following morning I looked across - what I had thought was a suicide attempt turned out to be a blow up doll hanging from a hook!!!!
It might have been good for a laugh, though. I know plenty of policemen who might well find that situation to be a good story for the end of the day! Of course, the neighbor in the flat opposite might be miffed. However, folks who leave a blow up doll, at least one that might be mistaken for a real person, hanging where it can easily be observed might benefit from a mild embarassment.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 22:19   #30
Member.

I live here...................believe me it's a s*** hole. But it's a nice s*** hole to visit when the suns up.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..