Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2008, 23:08   #16
God Member

Re: Bloke runs onto heathrow runway with rucksack..

Well I think its long overdue that security staff at airports either got thier acts together or contracts withdrawn.
All and sundry are breaking security levels at the moment and with terrorism threats the way they are its a damn disgrace.
Maybe a few shootings will stop these (lets see if we can do it)lunatics also. While i appreciate them bringing attention to the lapsed security they are also causing unnessesary havoc.. but tthen we cant have it both ways can we.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2008, 23:58   #17
Senior Member+

wot contracts?!

its the police that are incharge - brit transport police that are incharge of this now - as far as i'm aware none of the security posts no matter how minor are now out-sourced - tehy're all thru the home office/police
Old 14-03-2008, 21:30   #18
God Member

security staff at airports either got thier acts together or contracts withdrawn

Sorry mani your right and i got my wires crossed .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 03:56   #19
Senior Member+

what i find surprising is lapse after lapse happens at airports. now if u or i are terrorists or thinkin of this whats stopping anyone making a makeshift bomb wearing some overalls slippin over the fence one night and getting near a plane - hiding in the hold section - wait till its ready to take off and then boom.

why isnt no one smacked over the knuckles for the lapses? u never hear of anyone sayin he's been sacked as chief inspector for heathrow for this. its like the buck doesnt stop anywhere.
Old 15-03-2008, 04:00   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
what i find surprising is lapse after lapse happens at airports. now if u or i are terrorists or thinkin of this whats stopping anyone making a makeshift bomb wearing some overalls slippin over the fence one night and getting near a plane - hiding in the hold section - wait till its ready to take off and then boom.

why isnt no one smacked over the knuckles for the lapses? u never hear of anyone sayin he's been sacked as chief inspector for heathrow for this. its like the buck doesnt stop anywhere.
accidents happen. so does s***. maybe you should apply for the job?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 04:03   #21
Senior Member+

a muslim applying to be incharge of the security at an international airport?!

god the daily mail would have a field day!
Old 15-03-2008, 04:07   #22
God Member

Quote:
a muslim applying to be incharge of the security at an international airport?!

god the daily mail would have a field day!
Does anybody read the daily mail? I don't know anyone who reads the daily mail, though saying that, i expect loads of people on the forum will prove me wrong in the morning

I think its a shame that you think of discrimination against yourself the moment I suggest a certain job though!
Old 15-03-2008, 04:16   #23
Senior Member+

but its true. its inevitable that the mail and the rest would pick up on this. they wouldnt directly sayin anythign else but coerce public into a certain direction. such feelings do exist not just in the uk but the world all over

why else would a muslim mp be held in usa customs for over 4 hrs yet other mp's breezed through despite being in the same group travelling? why else would i be told by a company that i'd have to work twice as hard to make my franchise successful as automatically public perceptions would be against me in general? as u said. **** happens. we're used to it.
Old 15-03-2008, 04:22   #24
God Member

Quote:
but its true. its inevitable that the mail and the rest would pick up on this. they wouldnt directly sayin anythign else but coerce public into a certain direction. such feelings do exist not just in the uk but the world all over

why else would a muslim mp be held in usa customs for over 4 hrs yet other mp's breezed through despite being in the same group travelling? why else would i be told by a company that i'd have to work twice as hard to make my franchise successful as automatically public perceptions would be against me in general? as u said. **** happens. we're used to it.
True, I was discussing this tonight with a lad from Pakistan who happened to come and speak to me. It's still unfair though. I don't see why white people are the alpha-race.

Hmm.
Old 15-03-2008, 04:29   #25
Senior Member+

because they gave they world mcdonalds, elvis and nike.

y u awake this time of the nite?
Old 15-03-2008, 04:35   #26
God Member

Quote:
because they gave they world mcdonalds, elvis and nike.

y u awake this time of the nite?
Pakistan gave us a bit of spice to our lives as did India of course... and all those lovely exotic places.

Coffee was originally discovered by a man from Pakistan, and Chess is an indian game originally!

Muslims also perfected soap for us, not to mention parachutes which I assume our soldiers use!

[C-Paradise] 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslim Scientists
Old 15-03-2008, 04:36   #27
God Member

And I am awake because I am the queen of insomniacs, which is a common quality in law students it seems as I have a few online at the moment
Old 15-03-2008, 04:37   #28
Senior Member+

*LOL*

i thought u mite b coming in from a night out or something! i guess not!!!
Old 15-03-2008, 04:40   #29
God Member

Quote:
*LOL*

i thought u mite b coming in from a night out or something! i guess not!!!
I did go out tonight but I didn't get back at 5am, that would be unrealistic. I had the worst night of my life aswell. I'm never going on a student night again.
Old 15-03-2008, 04:41   #30
Senior Member+

*LOL* what happened?

not goin out on a student night till the next time eh?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..