Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 19:13   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: bodies to keep church warm

it was actually the crematorium at Dukinfield, thats gonna use this idea, after consultation with the public (if i understood correctly) if its a goer,others are expected to follow suit.
Old 08-01-2008, 19:14   #17
Resident Waffler

Sounds like a very sensible piece of lateral thinking.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 19:21   #18

will the very expensive prices come down for cromation or will they put them up to pay for the technoligey
Old 08-01-2008, 19:32   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

crematoriums have to have special filters fitted by 2010, cos at the moment mercury is going to atmosphere (from fillings) so your guess is as good as mine regarding costs.
Old 08-01-2008, 21:29   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
yes when burning bodies use the enrgy and heat to power churchs

The heat will come from cremating bodies so it would be the crematorium that gets heated, not the church.

You can't use heat from dead bodies to heat a church.
Old 08-01-2008, 21:44   #21
Resident Waffler

There are churches (well chapels if you like) attached to the crem though where the services take place so I suppose they mean those but I'm not sure how this will work because the cremation takes place after the service so the place will be warmed up after everyone has left.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 21:51   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
There are churches (well chapels if you like) attached to the crem though where the services take place so I suppose they mean those but I'm not sure how this will work because the cremation takes place after the service so the place will be warmed up after everyone has left.
Yes, I think they are referring to the chapel part of the crem.

The chapel will be warm all day if they have a lot of funerals that day as the cremators will be on a lot.
Old 08-01-2008, 21:54   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
crematoriums have to have special filters fitted by 2010, cos at the moment mercury is going to atmosphere (from fillings) so your guess is as good as mine regarding costs.
Would it not make more sense to remove the teeth before cremation?
Old 08-01-2008, 21:57   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Would it not make more sense to remove the teeth before cremation?
Probably....but families would not like the idea of the funeral director pulling their relative's teeth out with pliers prior to closing the coffin.
Old 08-01-2008, 22:18   #25

If the idea is taken up, then at least some folk can say “the git was of some use after all”

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..