Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 09:35   #31
white rabbits

Re: Bogof

I love bog offs.. in my freezer at the moment i have 10 tubs of Lurpac butter,,, from Tesco,s,i saved £1.34 a tub.....we go through it like its going out of fashion,,,,
Old 06-05-2008, 10:13   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I love bog offs.. in my freezer at the moment i have 10 tubs of Lurpac butter,,, from Tesco,s,i saved £1.34 a tub.....we go through it like its going out of fashion,,,,
Didn't know butter was freezable G-C ? Does it not 'split' or anything then ?
Suppose you couldn't put in the microwave to de-frost though ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24   #33
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bogof

Used properly BOGOF and other offers can be beneficial to a person’s budget but only if the item/s offered are what you would have bought without the offer anyway. It’s no good buying a BOGOF just because it is there.

But look at the periodic discount offers from a different angle. BOGOF and other offers are just an attempt to disguise the extortionate prices charged. If merchants can sell discounted items and still make a profit what sort of a profit are they making without the discount?

I would much prefer that there were no BOGOF’s, 50% extra for free, 10% off etc and all overall prices were reduced.
Old 06-05-2008, 23:10   #34
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Didn't know butter was freezable G-C ? Does it not 'split' or anything then ?
Suppose you couldn't put in the microwave to de-frost though ..
I just take it out and let it thaw out natural,,,it dosent take long,,,and its perfect,,I think if you microwaved it, it might go rancid....
Old 06-05-2008, 23:12   #35
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Used properly BOGOF and other offers can be beneficial to a person’s budget but only if the item/s offered are what you would have bought without the offer anyway. It’s no good buying a BOGOF just because it is there.

But look at the periodic discount offers from a different angle. BOGOF and other offers are just an attempt to disguise the extortionate prices charged. If merchants can sell discounted items and still make a profit what sort of a profit are they making without the discount?

I would much prefer that there were no BOGOF’s, 50% extra for free, 10% off etc and all overall prices were reduced.
AH BUT THEN YOU WOULDENT GET THAT SATISFACTION OF KNOWING YOU HAD BAGGED A BARGAIN......
Old 06-05-2008, 23:13   #36
white rabbits

OOPS cap lock on again,,,sorry
Old 06-05-2008, 23:40   #37
Give, give, give member

I do buy BOGOF's, but like Jambutty said earlier, only on things I'd be buying regularly anyway.

A lot of people are so easily taken in when it comes to special offers. People buy things just because they are 'on sale', without looking at the actual cost to themselves, and if whatever they are buying is therefore good value.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:19   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Bogof

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
AH BUT THEN YOU WOULDENT GET THAT SATISFACTION OF KNOWING YOU HAD BAGGED A BARGAIN......
Not much of a bargain if two or three times a year you get the product cheaper and spend the rest of the year paying through the nose.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Not much of a bargain if two or three times a year you get the product cheaper and spend the rest of the year paying through the nose.
Good point, but unfortunately that is the way that it is done so you've got to bag a "bargain" whenever you can do
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..