Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 23:48   #1
I am Banned

bottle or tap water ???

I just thought i'd start a new thread before I go to bed got a touch of insomnia it's a daft question but what do people prefer ? Tap water or Bottle ? I was just wondering because my son insists on bottled I prefer it myself but what do others think ? some say it is a waste of money because we get good water in the tap what does everyone on accyweb think ? i'll read your replies tomorrow night im off to bed now work early in the morning
who_eat_all_the_pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2006, 23:50   #2
God Member

Re: bottle or tap water ???

I have been on bottle water for a year or two now.... dont touch corporation pop unless its boiled for a brew...
Old 05-07-2006, 23:51   #3
God Member

Bottle water tastes better but I'm too tight to spend my money on it, I'd rather buy cordial and dilute it with tap water.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 00:59   #4
God Member

Exceptions being Evian, Pelligrino and Perrier, Bottled water...... ,unless you are visiting some 3rd world s***hole its the biggest scam going , just knowing that the two biggest bottlers/producers are Coke and Nestle is enough to turn me off the stuff ..........
Like P T Barnum said ....."theres a sucker born every minute "
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:36   #5
Resting In Peace

We used to buy bottled water simply because of the flouride smell of tap water which we didn't like, until we bought a Pureflo filter, this handy unit was easy to install and came complete with the plastic pipes and filter. What it does is simple, it runs the main supply through a carbon filter to an aditional tap on the kitchen sink filtering all the smelly flouride, the result is clear udour free drinking water at a fraction of the price of bottled water, it's the best thing we have bought in a long time.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58   #6

I'll happily drink bottled water if someone else is buying it. Ever since I was a wee nipper I've drunk lots of water, most of it from t' tap.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:26   #7
God Member

I don't mind the tap water here, it tastes fine to me and I drink plenty of it especially in this weather. When I was at Pontins the other week it tasted wrank though! That's not good after a heavy night on the beer, waking up with a raging hangover and a mouth that feels like the bottom of a budgie cage!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57   #8
I am Banned

Tastes same to me as its water

Not a drinking water fan really altho ive drunk quite a bit of it this week seems to be only thing to quench the thirst, altho least tap water keeps cold easily without the fridge. Dont like southern water as much so would prefer bottle but here it tastes just fine no difference except bottle costs more. Remember going abroad & 1st thing on list was bottled water.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Tastes same to me as its water
do you mean bottled and tap? wow for me theres a massive difference.. If I order water with a meal I can tell in an instant if they bring me tap water...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
do you mean bottled and tap? wow for me theres a massive difference.. If I order water with a meal I can tell in an instant if they bring me tap water...
Yeah i meant between bottle & tap ~ i cant tell the difference tastes same to me
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:22   #11
God Member

I must admit i do prefer filtered water which i do myself from the tap .I have a filter jug in my fridge which i fill up every morning and i really can taste the difference once its been through the filter ..But i do think the bottled stuff is a complete rip off and whose to know if it is filtered or not ? the taste of water changes form area to area, so if im off out for the day and need to take water i always put it through my filter jug first and bottle it up
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:35   #12
God Member

My cold tap water seems to have white 'bits' in it unless I leave it running a while. I prefer bottled, or water from the fridge which is filtered, it does taste different

I get a bit addicted to bottled water, i went through 5litres of the stuff one college day
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41   #13
Resting in Peace

I drink plenty of tap water every day, but I must admit I'd rather have it when a brewer has had it for a few days first. Tap water around here is very good, but I'm not to sure about down south, that is if you can get it from a tap
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:21   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

only ever drink tap water here, will buy bottled in spain when i'm there, but thats cos i dont want spanish tummy. i'm an old git now and tap waters never harmed me. so dont see why i should pay through the nose for it. plus i quite like it.
Old 06-07-2006, 13:31   #15
Beacon of light

Don't drink much water.....I just don't like it, though I have tried to get used to it. I only drink tea.......very very occasionally fruit juice...never drink carbonated drinks.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..