Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 11:36   #1

Brain teaser

Three old ladys go out for a meal, when they have finished they ask the waiter how much it was,he tells them it was 15 pounds,5 pound each,they pay him and he takes the money over to the cashier,he tells the waiter that he has charged them to much,it should only have come to 10 pounds, so he tells him to take 5 back. the waiter thinks I'll keep 2 pound for myself and give each old lady a pound back .
Now here's the catch: because he gave each old lady 1 pound back instead of paying 5 pounds they have all paid 4. Three 4 = 12 plus the 2 the waiter kept =14 where's the missing 1 pound
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2004, 17:32   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Brain teaser

It's a trick question. You don't add the £2 to the £12 to make £14. You take it off the £12 to make £10.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2004, 09:49   #3

Heres a clear example of how to stop a thread in its tracks
Just by being a smart ass
Old 20-08-2004, 11:50   #4

A little unfair there Expat. The contributor was only explaining the trick to the question. You did list it as a "brain teaser", what did you expect was going to happen?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2004, 12:05   #5
Len
God Member

expat... Slap!

I know what you mean thou. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? lol
Maybe we should put in small print ”if anyone knows the answer do not post”
I am sure you didn't mean it the way it reads. lol

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2004, 23:22   #6
Resident Waffler

Sorry Expat, I'm used to being on forums where people post questions (quiz questions, brain teasers, photos to identify etc etc) and expect other members to post answers in the thread. It didn't occur to me that you weren't expecting any answers to yours. I've never come across one like that before. Can you please explain the point to me?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 05:09   #7

...Please accept my appologise willow. I just thought it might run a bit longer, it had a few people stumped at work, and I was thinking of opening up a restuarant and profiting from all that missing money.
OUCH that hurt Len. Biff.... Take that back you kad.
Sorry again Willow
Old 22-08-2004, 21:31   #8
Always EVIL within us

11/10 Willow,........Luv it!!!!!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..