Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2004, 15:50   #1
Resident Waffler

Angry Car Alarm!

That's it!
I am well and truly at screaming pitch.

A car alarm has been blaring out almost incessantly for the couple of days I've been back home. Last time I was back it was also doing it. I'll be glad to get away again tomorrow but somebody must own this wretched car and are they not aware that it is "woo wooing" at all hours? I couldn't even sleep for the thing in the early hours of this morning.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2004, 16:27   #2
I am Band

Re: Car Alarm!

Because the car alarm has been sounding off for so long without stopping, it is obviously an old one; current legislation only permits them to sound for thirty seconds before they must reset. Therefore because it's an old one, it is probably a DIY installation also. Most DIY wiring jobs nick the supply volts from the fuse on the indicator lights circuit.
Test my theory: unscrew the indicator lens cap on the front wing of the car, remove the indicator lamp and shove a paper clip or metal hair grip in the socket, this will short the cicuit out and blow the fuse, killing the supply to the alarm.
If this doesn't work, prise open the bonnet and simply disconnect the battery.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 16:41   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Because the car alarm has been sounding off for so long without stopping, it is obviously an old one; current legislation only permits them to sound for thirty seconds before they must reset. Therefore because it's an old one, it is probably a DIY installation also. Most DIY wiring jobs nick the supply volts from the fuse on the indicator lights circuit.
Test my theory: unscrew the indicator lens cap on the front wing of the car, remove the indicator lamp and shove a paper clip or metal hair grip in the socket, this will short the cicuit out and blow the fuse, killing the supply to the alarm.
If this doesn't work, prise open the bonnet and simply disconnect the battery.
I now understand your signature sparks!
Connect it: Red > Yellow, Yellow > Blue, & Blew to ....'kin bits!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 16:51   #4
Resident Waffler

It isn't constant. It does stop for very brief periods. When it does so the silence is deafening. I haven't actually seen which vehicle in the area is the offending one. This street is chocablock with cars.

Old 15-08-2004, 23:47   #5
Resident Waffler

Aaaarg!

It knows I'm going to bed so it just started again!!!

Old 21-08-2004, 22:31   #6

when you've gone to bed get up again and chuck a brick threw its windscreen to give it somethin to alarm about.
Ifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 16:49   #7
Resident Waffler

I don't think it's quite got me to that stage yet. I don't want to fall foul of the law. It hasn't happened this weekend so maybe it has been fixed (or gone on holiday)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..