Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 16:17   #61
I am Banned

Re: Brain washing the kids

Aye Teabag soz thats the one i meant altho i have them both lol, but yeh agree with your point that other countries are offious with their national flag in governmental instutions, offices schools etc. Just thought .... how many of us can sing the national anthem perfect n in full other than chorus loud n mumble on sports occaisions ??!?!?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2005, 16:18   #62
God Member

ExactlY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Hey u cant tell a Yank to take his flag down gee u would be shot !!
And it was the St. George flag they were all told to take down as soon as World Cup was over.
Old 07-02-2005, 16:20   #63
I am Banned

Yeh it was n 2 fingers to that mine are still up lol as is the scottish flag on the bin chappys wagon
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:32   #64
God Member

How many British people move to other countries America, Canada, Australia, Spain etc. without any problems. The reason being we don't scrounge of these countries. Would i go and live in another country and live on their benefit systems and take advantage of a tolerant country? No way i have to much pride!!
Old 07-02-2005, 16:38   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Yeh it was n 2 fingers to that mine are still up lol as is the scottish flag on the bin chappys wagon
I doubt if you'd find the cross of St George flying on a Glasgow bin wagon.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:40   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I doubt if you'd find the cross of St George flying on a Glasgow bin wagon.
LOL!!! This is also very true :engsmil:
Old 07-02-2005, 17:48   #67

As an immigrant into the USA, (because I married an American lady) I was not allowed to draw any unemployment benefit even though I was unable to work for the first six months because it took that long to obtain my green card (work visa). Your future spouse has to prove that he/she can support you if you decide never to work or can't secure employment. Now after working for, I think it is, two years, should you come out of work through no fault of your own, you can draw unemployment, which is quite generous really. I was laid off after 9/11 and was out of work for six months. Unemployment paid me $1000 per month which I think is pretty good. It is very difficult to get into America to live unless you are marrying an American citizen or you have more that $1M and intend starting a business which will employ Americans, or you have some skill which is in short supply. I think if you are a minister of religion you can get in easier. Having said that, we here have a lot of illegal immigrants and are also plagued with,so called, asylum seekers who really aren't.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 18:02   #68
Senior Member+

Totaly agree,how can anybody justify not being able to fly your flag with pride.Other nationalities are allowed to do it.E.G The owners of the new restaurant down Church Monte Cristo,when Greece won Euro Championship they flew the Greek flag for a good few weeks later.And no doubt we will see a few Chineese flags about with the Chineese new year iminent.
Old 07-02-2005, 20:35   #69
Always EVIL within us

I was checking info on the developers of this idea "Global Link" and came across a worldwide charity with the same name. Their aim is to promote peace throughout the world.
Nice idea...until I saw how they represented the Union Jack! Upside down which is an insult to queen and country
On looking again, I think the entire pattern is wrong!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif UnitedKingdom.gif (9.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Busman747; 07-02-2005 at 20:37.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 20:38   #70
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Would you allow a lodger in your house that feared for their life, of course we would!! Would we allow someone in our house that took advantage, bled us dry and didn't contribute in general, foot up the backside out the door springs to mind!!
Add to that "inciting others to gang up and attack you when your back is turned".

The sad thing is that this turns people against other immigrants who simply want to live and work here as people tend to get tarred with the same brush.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 20:43   #71
Always EVIL within us

For those that do not know.....this is the Union Jack!
Old 07-02-2005, 20:48   #72
Resident Waffler

Are you sure you got that the right way up ?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 21:24   #73
God Member

Interestingly, flying the Union Flag upside down was once used by the Army to signal Danger.
Old 07-02-2005, 22:08   #74
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

[QUOTE=fibi]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
We recently had a vacancy for a job at work and there were 22 polish applicants, 7 from the same address in Accrington. Come on Britcliffe just how many so called asylum seekers have we taken in Hyndburn because it was certainly kept very quiet.

We have lots of Polish people who are registered for work with our agency, they are not assylum seekers and are entitled to work in this country, all to do with being part of the EU
If that's the case get us out of the EU before anymore enter the country, there aren't enough jobs for the British people never mind the eastern europeans.
I checked out why 7 applicants came from the same address and it looks like a scam pretending to be a hostel.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 22:49   #75
I am Banned

we cant fly our flag but the council flew the pakistani flag above the town hall for months when an asian took over as mayor for a while as the present one retired or somthing it was 7 years ago

granada reports were interviewing people in the street and asked me what i thought and i said it was disgusting

i hung around for a while and listened in on other peoples opinions and nearly all of them were the same as mine

i went home and had my tea that night and tuned into granada reports ready for a good laugh and what happened...?

yes you guessed it they only showed people who thought it was a good idea

just goes to show how the media is under control by the pc brigade

govenment say there is no problem with the asian comunitys so if that is true why do propperty values plummit when they move into an area and why are the first words uttered upon enetering an estate agents " you got anything decent away from the asians"

they move into an area and let their property go so it brings house prices down so that they can buy more at the cheaper price

a prime example of this is blackburn road as no matter how many grants the govenment give them for thier properties they manage to ruin them within a few years and get yet another grant for their property leaving poor old pensioners waiting 6 months or more for as little as a new pane of glass in their window

the more i type on this subject the more i begin to sound like a member of the BNP or somat lol but it just goes to show by the responses in this thread that we are getting more than fed up with been treated like second clas citizens in our own country

downing street has some nice big houses why dont we see any imigrants there if they are so fond of them let them live next to them for a while and see how they like it when number 10 reduces value to £5,000

i wont give names but i know a few people whos parents are asian but when asked they say hell no ime english and are proud of it , its just a pitty all people born in the uk dont consider themselves british etc

Last edited by chav1; 08-02-2005 at 00:48.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..